Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castaic Lake 7/28/10 Almost got the Skunk

Default Castaic Lake 7/28/10 Almost got the Skunk

Have not been going out to the sweet water fishing very much this month. My dog has been sick. She is pretty old so I been spending as much time with her before she goes. She has gotten better the past couple of days, so I felt more comfortable going fishing. Right after work, I made my dog a steak lunch and headed up to Castaic Lake. My first spot yield nothing. Move to a dropoff I know of and sat between two rental boaters. They were slaying them at the bouyline. Pretty sure they had close to limits or limited out, while I watched them. I sat there for like an hour with nothing to show. I really though about giving in and fishing the bouyline, but I am the most stubborn person in the world. I know this dropoff produces in the evenings, so I sat there and waited...and waited...and waited. Kept looking at my phone and it was 6:00. I had an hour in a half to fish max. Looks like my first skunk at Castaic Lake. Then someone from above switched the light on for me and it went WFO. Numerous doubles. Instant bite once it was in the fish zone. I caught 19 fish in less than an hour in a half and had to leave them biting. Good stuff. My pictures:

It was 71 degrees in Santa Monica. It was 88 degrees when I got to Castaic Lake. Lake lice was in force again.

The shads are packing near the main ramp. The troll will be on anytime now.

My breakfast / lunch. Return of Gallions large Italian combo. Soooo good.

First bendo of the evening. My new rod.

A morone saxatilis aka rockfish to the east coasters.

The new rod is a fish killer.

I hate it when I pull them up and they poo all over my boat. You poop, you die.

Nice bendo. The new rod got 90% of the fish today.

This one knew better not to poo on my boat.

Here is some that poo'ers. Some were hooked deep and could not be released back. The rest got a second chance on life. Took some home for a friend and some for my parents. Everyone is happy. 19 fish for 1/4 day fishing, not bad at all.

Parting shot. My dog is camera shy.

I had a ton of fun fishing the stripers again. See you next time.

Nice job Dat. I got skunked and went home. Will try today.

Newb question: Is there a size limit & total limit on stripe bass?

Pets become part of the pack and it's stuff times when there not feeling well, make sure that the dog is hydrated and comfortable don't think a steak sammie is to good for it's tummy.
    Way to hang in there fish, I be heading out soon as I wake up striper boy...

From skunk to slay in a few minutes. Congrats.

Where can i catch 1 of those sandwich's?

Great way to beat the skunk, even if it did show up a little late. Gratz on the lineside slayage

what a difference a hour makes....congrats on the close caller skunk off..

the doggie shot is classic!

way to get the buzzer beater!

Great job M,Z!!!

Sorry to hear bout yr pooch,,,,,,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast