Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Green Valley Lake Report 7/24/10

Default Green Valley Lake Report 7/24/10

Went to Green Valley Lake with my friend B-Nard. Got to the Lake at 5:00am. People were already at the hot spots near the dam. Fished on the West Shore. Got alot of bites but no fish. I found it interesting that when getting a bite on a NC and no fish, no teeth marks were found on the NC. I suspect that the fish might be hitting my red bead that i had on my rig. I then switched to using a salmon egg with PB to make it sloat and immediately got a hit. But no fish again. I finally caught one small crappie and two small trout one on NC with garlic dip and one on Salmon Peach PB. Saw ALOT of big trout (2-8 lbs) swimming by the shoreline. The hot ticket was using Mustard. No not the yellow stuff but using a large mustard hook or trout teaser. A guy next to me was snagging the big fish (a couple of 6lbs). Not my cup of tea but to each is own. I'm guessing that Sunday was probably a better fishing day since it was cooler. I'm would definately go back and fish Green Valley. When i come back i would use salmon eggs with no bead and a mellow or bobber to make it float. B-Nard didnt do so well. He only got one hit with no fish.

Thanks for the report. Next time try some Velveeta Cheese cover in Secret Sauce. The trout love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Kahuna View Post
    ...People were already at the hot spots near the dam...
    That's not the only hot spot on the lake.

Man thats too bad about the ppl snagging....I hate that!!!!! Did you let the boat dock know? They are pretty good about taking care of stuff like that.

Trout 1
    Andrew
    [IMG]http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/Trout1994/DrewbaitWHITE-1.jpg[/IMG]

thanks for the report, congrats on the crappie and trout,damn those snaggers,,,
    i always try to flyline a crawler in front of those cruisers...

Ironically, the very nice older lady who collects the money for the lake watched the guy snag a fish in front of her. Unfortunately, it was obviuos that she was scared to confront him which honestly i can understand. I agree it's a shame, but to me it's not worth ruing your fishing day or getting into a fight over this guy getting two fish illegally.

thanks for the report. sucks about the snagger, freakin dooshbag.

Its a shame that there are dirtbags doing that kinda stuff at such a great place, must have been a corona lake regular. Try green or red power worms and a #10 mosquito hook and split shot at middle of lake straight out from boathouse. Ive been goin there for years and never fail to get some good fish. Most times im limited out in 2-3 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by phishin phool View Post
    Its a shame that there are dirtbags doing that kinda stuff at such a great place, must have been a corona lake regular. Try green or red power worms and a #10 mosquito hook and split shot at middle of lake straight out from boathouse. Ive been goin there for years and never fail to get some good fish. Most times im limited out in 2-3 hrs.
    its a little difficult to snag at corona seeing as all the fish i catcht there are blind casting...never once seen fish cruising