Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Monster Isabella

Default Lake Monster Isabella

This Saturday on the north fork triling with Rapalaand led my wife brout in a fish 3'
    long, it was slinder with a flat mouth and skales as big as little finger nail it looks like a squa fish, the strange part to this was there was teeth scatterd throught the mouth 1/4" long.
    I talked to Ranger that night and he said it must be a squa fish but they dont have teeth. Well i know what I saw and wife confermed that there was teeth.
    Thw bad part was my wife brought it up between swim step and motor I could not get a net under it and tried to lift it into the boat and it broke off. No it was not a snake head. if any one has any ideas let me know.
    Catch of the day 1 trout 4 cats 5 crappy.
    tracker16

definitely a quaw fish (Sacramento pike minnow). They will get up to almost 20lbs. Just like the trout in the lake, once they change from insects and bugs in the river to shad in the lake they develop teeth to help them catch and hold fish. A fish that big needs to eat a lot.

here is a link to a picture and description
    http:// www.thejump.net/id/sacramento-pikeminnow.htm

Afteryou telling me what it was it made sents, the smaller one i cought looked just like the large one but with out teeth.
    I read that they are a protected in the Sacramento River becouse they are a native fish, I thank you for the come back.
    tracker16