Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Vikings

In an exclusive interview with NFL Network's Rich Eisen, Hutchinson revealed how the three Vikings came home with Favre in tow.

Vikings QB Brett Favre (above) exits Ryan Longwell's SUV after arriving at team headquarters Tuesday. (Vikings.com/Special to NFL.com)

According to Hutchinson, the Vikings asked him, Allen and Longwell to visit Favre in Mississippi and either bring him back or wish him well in retirement. The trio arrived at Favre's house too late Monday to have a conversation and stayed overnight on the premises. In the morning, Hutchinson said, Favre took everyone on a tour of his property, then the subject of his possible return or retirement was broached.
    "We told him how much all the guys loved playing with him and that we would love to do it again," Hutchinson told Eisen. "We also told him that if he didn't want to do it, then congratulations, you deserve it. You've had an incredible career, but we've got to know one way or another."
    Hutchinson said Favre then did most of the talking, leaving the seven-time Pro Bowl guard with the impression that the quarterback had pondered his decision for several weeks, if not months. Over the course of two to three hours, broken up over two chats, Favre told Hutchinson, Allen and Longwell how much he loved playing with them and the other Vikings last season and also raved about the "special bond" they instantly formed.
    At that point, according to Hutchinson, Favre matter-of-factly said, "OK, let's do it."
    "I wish I had some sort of fairy-tale story about the way it all happened, but it really was not a big moment or anything," Hutchinson said.
    According to Hutchinson, everyone -- including Favre's wife, Deanna -- then grabbed their belongings and headed to the airport.
    Surprisingly, Hutchinson said Favre spoke little about his surgically repaired left ankle and instead focused more on personal reasons about whether or not to play.
    When asked if he believed he and his teammates essentially sealed the deal and pushed Favre into coming back, Hutchinson said: "Not really. I mean, nobody can push Brett into anything. I think it was just the first time that some of his teammates came down to visit him (instead of coaches), and it sort of reiterated to him what he felt about playing with all the guys, and he just figured after going through it one more time, 'Let's do it.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Monkey View Post
    AWWW... you can always cheer for a GOOD team Patrick... LIKE THE STEELERS!! :)
    I agree....lol

What do you call a MINNESOTA VIKING with a SuperBowl ring?......a thief

Next NFC Central pitstop, Chi-Town?

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    What do you call a MINNESOTA VIKING with a SuperBowl ring?......a thief

Next NFC Central pitstop, Chi-Town?

TD

That's not even a funny joke my Lambs fan buddy. You watch the blow out game last Saturday ? My Vikings smoked your Lambs . LOL !! I really think the Vikings have an honest shot at getting to the Superbowl this year and winning it !!
    Last edited by Troutman65; 08-18-2010 at 02:01 AM.

The Vikings play the 49ers this Sunday night .

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    I agree....lol

You better hope the back up QB can handle the game untill Your Troubled QB comes back from his time out .

Quote Originally Posted by wellbilldancesays View Post
    I wouldn't lose all hope yet. He's probably just ducking out on summer camp.
    Winner winner chicken dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    The Vikings play the 49ers this Sunday night .
    Get ready for a 49er beat down like the colts recieved last week

Sooooo , The drama Queen is back ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    Get ready for a 49er beat down like the colts recieved last week

Hey buddy, I was wondering when you would chime in on the 49ers game. LOL . I think it will be a good game . Good luck.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast