Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Chipotle Lime Sand Bass

Default Chipotle Lime Sand Bass

I’ve had sand bass before and it could be “bouncy” sometimes, so I wanted to get it right this time.

I searched the web for a new recipe, but didn’t really get a good one for anything other than fillets or deep fried. Somebody suggested just Olive Oil & Cajun Seasoning. I went to Ralph’s and go to the sauce section, got plenty of olive oil at home, to look for a Cajun type marinade. But then I see this Chipotle Lime marinade and I decided to try it out. Once again, experimentation pays off, as this stuff is great!

I prepped the fish by cutting small slices on them and slather them up with oil, marinade & mixed it up with a little SA Summer Ale. I then wrapped them up in plastic and placed them at the bottom of my cooler for a good 2 hours.

After that, I foiled up the grill and set it on medium and placed the fish on and closed the lid and watched the thermo go to 400. I waited about 10 minutes as the sauce is sizzling then flip up and brush some more on. I repeated this a few times, as some of the skin falls off (which I wanted) and let them cook for an extra 15 minutes and now the sauces are not sizzling. I checked them – making sure they are not watery in the middle but nice and flaky and I knew it was dinner time.

Serve it up with some nice veggies (I did potatoes, green beans and corn) and crack a fresh beer!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	24542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	24543   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	24544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	24545  

Made my mouth water.. looks bomb good report

El_chido it sounds the bomb t twisters on the que

You're right bro Wolf Gang Pluck ain't got nothing on you Chido, in fact my gf and I have decided to invite ourselves over to your place so you can make this for us. Although we would like to request hailbut or shark instead of sandbass, if she likes it she said she will take you fishing on her new 25' parker at a location of your choice. Btw she likes chardonnay and I'm not picky about my beer as long as it is cold.

TD

damn bro that looks very good!good ol sammy to wash it down.thanks for making me hungry