Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fishing in AZ?

Default Fishing in AZ?

My family is going to Scottsdale in late August and I was wondering about a good fishing spot. Someone said The Salt River is good. Does anyone know a good tackle shop in Scottsdale that would help. Thanks

don't forget your plastic pancho....monsoon season

Hey fishboy12, "Don's Sport Shop", is one of the few places in Scottsdale, Az. that has a great variety of fishing gear! Try going on the web and check it out.

I live in Arizona...and believe me...fishing in Arizona is not good...to say the least.

if possible, check out lake powell.

there are a few fun places to fish at in AZ. Powell has walleye in the deeper portions, Smallmouth bass, Striper, massive redear sunfish, flathead catfish, and channel catfish.

I used to fish there with my grandpa a long time ago.. the shellcrackers were massive.

lower salt river is good for largemouth, trout & flathead catfish as soon as it gets dark. lake pleasant is good for striper. and saguaro lake is good for yellowbass and catfish. fishing is the bomb in arizona you just need to know the spots. tempe town lake is good 4 trout and largemouth and its in the heart of phoenix.

Apache Lake, 32 miles from scottsdale. --Looks like a great place to me. try it out. I bet you could pull a nice smallmouth outta there. They also have walleye here. Walleye are mainly nocturnal, so during the day, you have do go as deep as possible.

Next, you have Bartlett lake -- 41 miles away from scottsdale, another nice lake. It may be pricey. They have some huge crappie there, or so i've read. Never fished here, but have been here once. Nice place.

There is also Roosevelt Lake, a very large lake that offers good fishing. Been here once with my relatives. We caught alot of crappie here. ---around 90 miles from Scottsdale. Green senkos should work well for LMB/SMB.

Hope this helps ya. Seems to be some good lakes fairly close to you.

is there any good places to fish in Yuma?

Quote Originally Posted by eldizzel View Post
    lower salt river is good for largemouth, trout & flathead catfish as soon as it gets dark. lake pleasant is good for striper. and saguaro lake is good for yellowbass and catfish. fishing is the bomb in arizona you just need to know the spots. tempe town lake is good 4 trout and largemouth and its in the heart of phoenix.
    Tempe Town Lake is gone....the dam broke last week.