Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 1st Tubing Expierence.

Default 1st Tubing Expierence.

Well my cousin Josh (TFC_Skunk562), who got skunked today haha, and I finally got our tubes blessed in NPH today. Not much action, but still had a blast out there! Taking my little bro out tomorrow before i head back to work in Sin City. Here are a few pics of us just floating around the harbor.

And on the way home, i decided to make rod holders for both our float tubes. Let me know what you think of my unfinished product.

Josh under a big boat.

Custom float tube rod/net holder.

Thanks for looking.

-Arvil

Glad you had fun.

Was it really windy?

The rod holders look like they will work. As long as you got pull from both the top and bottom it should be secure enough.

You may need to add a support strap to the trolling holder in front as it may be unstable being so far away from the D-Rings.
    Last edited by Slick Rick; 07-24-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    Glad you had fun.

Was it really windy?

The rod holders look like they will work. As long as you got pull from both the top and bottom it should be secure enough.

You may need to add a support strap to the trolling holder in front as it may be unstable being so far away from the D-Rings.
    There was just a slight breeze, nothing strong enough to blow you away.

And thanks for your input on the rod holders, ill look into that. Still a prototype. If I can find some strong velcro tape that can stick on the tube, then ill be happy with that. Debating on adding a cup holder between that big gap as well ;)

keep at it bro,,,you gonna master the tube in no time.

I'd definately go with the Cup Holder idea, been trying to figure out how to properly do it to my pontoon lol.

I'm also a fan of the 45 degree angle on the rod holders, lots of docks you can go under in NPH. Pain in the butt to have to take down the rods to get through.

wtg on the pole holders.i also like your hat.my home town.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbones View Post
    keep at it bro,,,you gonna master the tube in no time.
    Thanks bro, gatta tube it up with us soon and show us whats up haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Swank909 View Post
    I'd definately go with the Cup Holder idea, been trying to figure out how to properly do it to my pontoon lol.

I'm also a fan of the 45 degree angle on the rod holders, lots of docks you can go under in NPH. Pain in the butt to have to take down the rods to get through.
    Yeah, definitely a cup holder. I tried out the tube with the rod holders the next day, came out better than i expected, very stable. All for the price of $20 for2 tubes!

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman from long beach View Post
    wtg on the pole holders.i also like your hat.my home town.
    Thanks, and that would be my cousin Josh with that LB hat haha.

Good job....

Cant even tell you how many times I have Tubed 'under' the "Royal Buzzard"..

Tubers Rule !!!