Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boquet resivoir?

Default Boquet resivoir?

Ok let's be honest here. Who has snuck into the Boquet resivoir ? I know there is some awesome fishing in there if ya can get in. I'm just curious as to who has a good story on that place.

I don't think you will get anyone to admit they have ninja'd an illegal spot. LOL

brian

Fished it back in the late 80's and didnt get a bite. We did see a load of carp rolling in the shallows before we got the boot from a dwp guy. He told my friend and I that it used to be loaded with big bass back in the 70's before it became a drinking water source.
    I have been told there are fish in there but getting caught since 911 its not worth the risk imo. Its now completly surrounded by barbed wire fence. :-(

Heres the skinny on Bouquet Reservoir. Loads of carp and catfish. There are bass there and there always have been. Bouquet Reservoir has always been used for drinking water since its creation in the 1930s. The ninja sessions from there have yielded smallmouth!!

Now without giving away to much info my words of advice would be to recon it out sometime during the day before you ninja the spot. There are spots where the lake is accesible just keep watch, the local sherriffs are bored and would love to catch someone sneaking into there.

While tempting, its not worth it imo--especially in this economy.

Quote Originally Posted by GotBass? View Post
    Heres the skinny on Bouquet Reservoir. Loads of carp and catfish. There are bass there and there always have been. Bouquet Reservoir has always been used for drinking water since its creation in the 1930s. The ninja sessions from there have yielded smallmouth!!

Now without giving away to much info my words of advice would be to recon it out sometime during the day before you ninja the spot. There are spots where the lake is accesible just keep watch, the local sherriffs are bored and would love to catch someone sneaking into there.
    i knew you would post in here. Lets fish it bro!!!!!

NEVER FISHED BUT THOUGHT ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!! My brother & I use to pass it daily delivering repos to Santa Clarita,sorry if i poed ur ride in the 90's.We talked about it every day but never really had the time to bust a ninja mission.I know it looks like the hot spot in the area.Ninja pics ninja pics.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lopez View Post
    i knew you would post in here. Lets fish it bro!!!!!
    F*** ya! Maybe when we go set up those crawdad traps we could go by and scout out where Ive been eyein

Good stuff to know. I've always wanted to fish it since i was kid but never found the time to go hiking around. Ya i drive by it everyday and have done a little research. I'm a local in the area and happen to know the local sheriff's. I was just curious as to what kind of fish were in there. Curious bout if there are any crappie in there to . Thanks for the info.

Carp , Bass , Crappie , Cats , Gills... The kill zone is where Spunky Canyon road begins to climb up the hill. Great cove with all the right stuff for a slay job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast