Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake San Antonio

Default Lake San Antonio

i have seen all the pictures and read all the reports about San Antonio recently but it has all been on the troll with those rigs. does anybody have any more insight into this lake? i will be fishing mostly from shore along the many campgrounds but will have a boat for one of the days. any shore fishing info? baits? any info would be greatly appreciated. i will be leaving for the lake sunday.....

cutbait Guest

The lake has smallies, LMB, nice catfish, and crappie. Your kinda outta luck with the stripers there from campgrounds. Best bet is to fish for bass and catfish from shore. You shouldn't have any trouble doing that.

LOADS of PIG carp... If your into that sort of thing? I saw troutonly fishing for them a couple months ago and had his livewell stuffed with the big scaled suckas

Good luck and put up a report.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    LOADS of PIG carp... If your into that sort of thing?
    I saw troutonly fishing for them a couple months ago and had his livewell stuffed with the big scaled suckas.
    LoL,.,./, CarpOnly

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post

LOADS of PIG carp... If your into that sort of thing? I saw troutonly fishing for them a couple months ago and had his livewell stuffed with the big scaled suckas

I don't think it was bob YOU DOUGHBALL DEUCE !

Corn Captain !

U are the General of the "Masa Malicia !"

Wait.....wait.....It was YOU fishing for them you breadball baby ! BUT.....wait again ......how many did you catch ?

Skunkk Sargent !

woo-hooo

bread n butta'....bread n' butta.... wait.....hold the butta....just bread for you right ? wadded into a ball....

I think I got's a fishy Bobby....it's golden...it's scaley........it's a Golden Bass !

Sorry for the thread jack buddy...

Id suggest renting a boat and get out there on them thar feesh !

Good luck...

damn gary i saw your response and was hoping for some real feedback....haha. i know you, bob, and arthur have been going up killing it. we are renting a boat but its for wakeboarding for the day. im trying to steal it for a lil bit to do some fishing but unfortunately it will be whatever i can do along the shoreline that i will be camping at. any more info would be greatly appreciated!! baits? structure? plastics? lures? i know the striper are out deep and need to troll for them typically at this lake.

dont hate on the wakeboarding aka lake lice im a fisherman first and boarder second so i know etiquette with the fellow fisherman. its funny the looks i get when i go riding i just wanna tell those people im an fnn member so you best simmer!!! haha