Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bow Mounting A Trolling Motor On A Bayliner????

Default Bow Mounting A Trolling Motor On A Bayliner????

I need a solution for mounting my Minn Kota on the ill-suited bow of my Bayliner....'building a platform' is beyond my engineering skills....
    Anyone know of a 'kit', or who might do this for me? thanks
    Sid

I did it on mine. It took a little work, but came out real clean. I have a Powerdrive V2, 12v, 55 lbs. The key was to use the mounting plate from Minn Kota that allows you to completely remove the trolling motor. I only had to fab a couple spacers. What year and model Bayliner do you have? I'll try to post pictures for you when I have more time.

Default 1996 Bayliner 2050 LS with Minn Kota Powerdrive V2 - Install Help and Pictures

Can someone please post some pictures/instructions of this installation?

I recently purchased the Powerdrive V2, 12v, 55lbs with a 48" shaft and am working to install it on my 1996 Bayliner 2050 LS. I also purchased the Minn Kota MKA 21 Composite Quick Release Bracket Mounts.

As many of you know the Bayliners of this era have a very sloped bow which makes level installation difficult.

I am interested in getting some instruction/pictures on this install. I am hoping I do not have to build a mounting platform unless absolutely necessary. I really like how the quick disconnect leaves only the small puck once removed.

I am particularly interested in the angle at which the motor an be mounted and if the motor will operate without the base being level with the water.

Any help would be appreciated.