Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake lice?

lakes with 16 foot max boat length =p

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    I would like to know of ONE lake in so cal that is lake lice less ??? ........ Yea thats what I thought.... Sucks
    well three come to mind, DVL. Castas, Cachuma... fishing only....

I would like to know of ONE lake in so cal that is lake lice less ??? ........ Yea thats what I thought.... Sucks
    Quail Lake!

the lake lice i hate the most is a common la county species called drunk cholos bumping old rap songs. i have not caught a fish at quail lake since i was a kid 18 years ago. what happend 2 all the stripers in that lake?
    Last edited by eldizzel; 07-18-2010 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnman Mike View Post
    I have found that a BBZ-1 on 50 lb Sufix Performance Braid can be an effective Lake Lice, aka Water Flea, Repellant.

BassnMan Mike
    why BB-1? I recommend crocodile, 1 oz. Will do the job just fine. Just change the hooks .............

I love when they passing by about 30-40 y away.
    Last edited by stg68; 07-18-2010 at 07:40 AM.

DVL... No water contact, so no lake lice....

I like tobuy a few packs of sabikis and string them across the lake like a cloths line.....

Quote Originally Posted by stg68 View Post
    why BB-1?
    I like seeing the "HOLY CR@P" look on their face when they see this huge lure with massive treble hooks coming their way when they get to close.

Priceless

BassnMan Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnman Mike View Post
    I like seeing the "HOLY CR@P" look on their face when they see this huge lure with massive treble hooks coming their way when they get to close.

Priceless

BassnMan Mike
    In that case I am 100% with you, I want to be there on that priceless time.

I was the lice once when my family and I were camping at Huntington Lake, we set anchor and were slamming the trout. Two guys showed up after we did and got mad cuz we were slammin and he wasn't. So he ties on the biggest weight and bobber he had and starts tossing it towards us. I asked him if he had a problem (we all knew what it was) and I told him, hey ahole throwing something that big isn't going to catch you the fish, it's just going to piss me off. His next cast lands on top of the rental pontoon boat we had.

After that one I said ok my turn, at the time my casting was pretty good told him open your tackle box if I get my 1/4 ounce lure in it on the first time you leave if not we'll leave. Of course you can guess his answer, his buddy was telling him to knock it off that we were there first don't hate because the guys on the boat are catching.

I already had the lure of choice tied on (duh was catching fish!) since I was already casting that way said he it goes, cast and it lands inside his tackle box, he grabs the line cuts it and well the rest is history, ranger happen to been sitting there in his truck. He walks over and starts questioning the guy, yells out to me if I wanted my lure, said no it's ok I've got plenty more he can keep it he needs all the luck he cant get.

So he got a free lure and got a ticket from the ranger. I think the people from the rental office had called the ranger since we were just a couple hundred feet away and they heard the weight hit the roof of the pontoon boat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast