Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Bear Lake 7-14 & 7-15

LOL, well that may be true. Maybe it would be better stated as illogical. I have never thought of using anything to prevent the sinker rubbing on the knot. I just don't think it's a factor. Almost exclusively, my line breaks are on the hook side of the swivel when I use one. Fisherman have many belief systems. How is that?

Quote Originally Posted by TroutMad View Post
    LOL, well that may be true. Maybe it would be better stated as illogical. I have never thought of using anything to prevent the sinker rubbing on the knot. I just don't think it's a factor. Almost exclusively, my line breaks are on the hook side of the swivel when I use one. Fisherman have many belief systems. How is that?
    Why is it illogical? There's plenty of logic behind using beads. It prevents the possibility of the sinker from rubbing the knot, it protects the rod tip, and the bright colors can potentially attract fish. Just because you never thought of the sinker rubbing the knot doesn't mean it can't happen. At the very LEAST it doesn't hurt anything because I catch plenty of fish using that rig.
    Last edited by 2jackedLUNGS; 07-24-2010 at 01:51 PM.

My superstition is to drink a beer every 10 minutes.

That way I don't care at the end of the day what condition my knots are in. :>)

Seriously though....beads can't hurt your chances at all. They are especially effective on a worm harness.
    Last edited by SierraPeaks; 07-24-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Congrats on a successful trip. Great report with great pics.

I will use a red/clear bead to prevent my smaller swivels from jamming into my egg sinker. they seem to stop the leader from looping over the sinker as well.

they DO attract fish. Especially in the surf. Trout are known to be attracted to red and pink beads. In fact, many fly fishermen use nothing BUT beads for trout =)

just look at doc spottie's posts.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot. Good job on the BBL trout.

NIce pictures, good report.

I've got two words for you boogers....CAROLINA KEEPERS!

Amen Lunker1979

Quote Originally Posted by TroutMad View Post
    It amazes me how many superstitions fishermen have.
    You mean you do not dance before you cast or spit on your bait and name it after your favorite girl?

Yea nice post and photos hope to head up there in a few weeks but got to get trailer brakes working first...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12