Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sitka, AK 7-11 July, Frontier Charters

Default Sitka, AK 7-11 July, Frontier Charters

Fished 3 days aboard the MOONDANCER from Frontier Charters out of Sitka. Cpt. was Jason. Unfortunately, the timing was a little off for the Kings since the commercial guys had ~8 days to cleanup, and the close occurred midnite of our 2nd day of fishing. I guess early Jun was pretty good. We did manage to limit out on the Rockfish (Blacks, Quillback, Tiger, Canary, etc.), Yelloweyes (limit 1 per day), pretty good for Halibut with 3-5 per day, and finally got 2 Silvers & 1 Pink on Day 3. Lots of lings but all released since they are out of season and also too big (can only keep between xx"-xx"), ours were toads.

The weather was bad for the 2 days leading up to our fishing. Day 1 was pretty good, and Days 2 and 3 got progressively worse w/ the rain and wind. Fish didn't seem to mind much. Lots of wildlife- Bald Eagles everywhere, humpbacks, tufted puffins, deer, and bears at night (our trash can was attacked every day).

Frontier is a great outfit w/ nice boats and all Accurate Reels w/ Loomis Rods. Mac and the staff treated us well. We had a nice treat on Day 3 when some Dungeness Crab arrived for dinner. Food was great and their fish processing is top notch. Our freezer is now full! We brought back ~6 full boxes, all vacuum packed and clean. Our guests included my dad, Noah, me and 2 uncles from Korea along w/ a nephew.

Next mission, Tuna!

Enjoy the pics!
    Rich (and Noah)

Last edited by Rich and Noah; 07-12-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Great way to spend a few days with the family Great fishing and good times were had from the looks of it even with crapy weather.
    Thanks for the report the kid looks to be stoked from catching all the great fish that the Alaskan waters had to offer .
    One day i'll make it up there .

Sean

R.I.P Dana

Default Great time

Rich,
    That sure is one nice looking lodge. That is GREAT that Noah got to make the trip, I can not wait to get my boys up there. I am heading up to Kenai next week for 5 days, I will let you know how we do.

Doug
    Last edited by LBSea; 07-13-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Congrats on a trip of a lifetime, Awesome report, thanks for sharing.

Doug

I did the Kenai once and would love to hear your latest report ... and all the details you want to share!

Wow! Way cool. Great pics! Love the life jacket!

Really, nice report. I gotta get my family up there!

Doug-
    Best of luck in Kenai. Go kill 'em!
    Rich

Great report and priceless pics ,RICH! All that quality fish, what a feast you guys must of had! Gotta make it up there one day. But for now I'm thinking the same thing, TUNA!

Alaska is the best, good job taking yhe young one out...
    Looks like a good trip and nice pics.

Thanks for sharing...

Mb

Awesome report and pics, looks like a ton of fun. I need to go back up there again. HOOK-UP!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast