Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bad Experience @ the Pudd

Well, I got a ticket one time for "fishing" without my license present on me. It was in 1995, the first year you had to have your license visible above your waist, and I was getting some worms out of a river. I didn't have a fishing pole or nothing, but was picking up a couple of grubs to use later (I was about 2 hours away from my boat and tackle). The Game Warden came up and ask for my license. I told him I wasn't fishing and that I left my license in the boat for when I'm fishing. He said that it was illegal for me to pick grubs out of the river without my license present. I did take out my wallet and showed him the carbon copy of my license to show that I did, in fact, have a license. He said that the carbon copy wasn't good enough and wrote me a ticket. Total honest mistake, I had picked grubs out of that area for over 20 years and never once thought about having my licenses on me. At that time I paid $135 for "fishing" with my licenses present on me. If I wouldn't of had a license it would of been $850. I can't imagine what that ticket would be today. On the up side, he was nice enough to let me keep the grubs for fishing at the lake, I guess he felt I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinflies View Post
    I find it humorous that everyone hates the cops until they need their assistance.
    WTF were you on a tree with a fishing rod?
    If I seen you up in in tree with a fishing rod, I would think you were on drugs too, and that's most likely why he asked you if you were carrying drugs.
    Even when I (and others) have needed their assistance, I still hated them. They still acted like pretentious cockbags. And they still didnt get **** taken care of.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789