Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boating Etiquette

Default Boating Etiquette

with the launch ramp down to 3 lanes, please tie your boat up towards the end (deeper) of the ramp and not right as you get it off your trailer............ when you do that you take up that lane and now we're down to a 2 lane ramp. I was out there today and a couple guys in a SX Skeeter tied up right as they came off the trailer and caused several people to wait as they parked their vehicle and walked back. It's common courtesy

u know there's a lot of that out there.. another thing i hate is (NOT All), but A LOT of "bass boat" guys are kinda stuck up... just cause i'm in a tin can boat and they have a nicer boat.. they fly in on their 200HP engines right into a cove that i'm bee-lining towards!.. grrr...

ok sorry, to kind of thread jack, but that's part of the etiquette too..

Quote Originally Posted by hook1fred View Post
    with the launch ramp down to 3 lanes, please tie your boat up towards the end (deeper) of the ramp and not right as you get it off your trailer............ when you do that you take up that lane and now we're down to a 2 lane ramp. I was out there today and a couple guys in a SX Skeeter tied up right as they came off the trailer and caused several people to wait as they parked their vehicle and walked back. It's common courtesy
    Yep this is good advice. I see this way too often as well. I even stopped and asked one guy who did this if I could move his boat back real quick so I could launch. I did it in a nice way and tried not to be pushy and explain why. He was kinda quiet like I was stepping on his toes, but to me it's common sense. If we launch on a dock we ALWAYS tie off as far back as we can.

How about when someone is following you, _should_ clearly see you trolling a line. Tries to pass on left, cuts right, only to run across your line. Happened to me Monday, good times!!!

Yea I get a lot of peopel running across lines are silverwood when I'm trolling. I usually take my "tin can" boat around to the otherside of the dock as not to block the lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by hook1fred View Post
    It's a very good point you brought up, not for the dock only carry it thru out the day on the water and even for the drive home, Etiquette, and common courtesy to each other...

Agree. I also see a guys cutting in front of people all the time at the ramp. I don't know why people think they are more important than others and they think that is accepable. If there is a truck in line, they are waiting for the next available slot, not the one they are in front of.

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    they fly in on their 200HP engines right into a cove that i'm bee-lining towards!.. grrr...
    How else are they to make up for the fact they have a small penis than by showing off their big engine?

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    How else are they to make up for the fact they have a small penis than by showing off their big engine?

;-)
    LOL soooooooooooo true

I want to get a bass boat so I can be cool and stuck up too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast