Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Cuyamaca this weekend, advice?

Default Lake Cuyamaca this weekend. In need of setup advice.

I didn't see many reports on it so I have to ask.

I will be camping there this weekend and expect to be on the water most of Saturday. To start out with I am planning on using the lake's website for guidance. Their website has a map with known fish hang outs and some suggested rigs. A quick search of the forums turned up scented nightcrawlers and trolling rooster tails as suggestions.

What other advice? Thanks.
    Last edited by fixthedoor; 07-08-2010 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Title change

Ok, so what about setups for trout fishing? I plan on renting a boat while my wife is going to fish fom the shore/dock.

The lake's website recommends 4lb line with a 1/2 oz sliding weight, a #12-14 snap swivel, 2 - 4 lb leader and a #14-18 treble. I have a short 5' pole with a small reel already with 4lb line that I plan to setup as previously mentioned. Any suggestions?

As for the wife I have an 8' pole whose minimum weight line is 10lb, while the reel's is 8lb. Generally speaking could I string the spool with lighter line like 6lb? What about a bass or catfish setup for this reel/rod combo? She will be on the dock most of the time so she might not be able to reach the trout since it's been getting warmer. Temps are supposed to be in the upper 70's with partly cloudy skies.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.