Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $20-$75 Polarized Sunglasses vs $100-$200?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnman Mike View Post
    Here ya go, $50.00 off

http://oakleyvault.com/product/polar...20fit)/24-018J

Edit:
    DOH!!! You said try on, sorry
    Damn those really nice. Are oakleys heavy on the ears? I tend to get an ear ache after a few hours on most glasses.

Oakley Fuel Cells- Amber Lens. These glasses are the shizzzzzzznit! People who have 40 and 50 dollar glasses that love them just haven't experienced oakley on the water. I'm not exaggerating! I was at DVL a few weeks ago and was watching about a thousand stripers chase my lure about 5 foot deep. I told my lil bro to check out all these fish and he couldn't see anything....i mean absolutely nothing.

These glasses are at the top of the market for a reason. Buy a pair, take care of them and they will last a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by riverside_angler View Post
    Oakley Fuel Cells- Amber Lens. These glasses are the shizzzzzzznit! People who have 40 and 50 dollar glasses that love them just haven't experienced oakley on the water. I'm not exaggerating! I was at DVL a few weeks ago and was watching about a thousand stripers chase my lure about 5 foot deep. I told my lil bro to check out all these fish and he couldn't see anything....i mean absolutely nothing.

These glasses are at the top of the market for a reason. Buy a pair, take care of them and they will last a very long time.
    Do you or anyone know of a good place that sell these Oakleys close to the Southbay, Redondo Beach area?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnman Mike View Post
    Here ya go, $50.00 off

http://oakleyvault.com/product/polar...20fit)/24-018J

Edit:
    DOH!!! You said try on, sorry
    Haha, that's actually why I wanted to try them on

I wear Oakley with genuine Oakley prescription lenses. I would were nothing else. I prefer the grey with the mirror. I just ordered a new pair of progressives so I don't have to take them off to tie a hook. after insurance they still cost me 289 bucks. But well worth it.

I rock the Oakley Half Jackets. Light weight, fit great, and have the clearest optics of all high end polycarbonate lenses. (Don't do glass unless you like glass shards in your eye if they ever get hit by a ounce sinker)

The interchangeable lenses were the main reason I selected this particular pair. I carry 3 polarized lenses with me and swap them depending on the ambient light. I love the Fire Iridium lenses during low light/high sky conditions and swap them with the Ice Iridiums when the sun starts to show. The Oakley website has a demo on how each color lens looks.

One thing tho...the lenses are extremely sensitive to scratching so make sure you get a case and take care of them. The good thing about the Half Jackets is that if the lenses do get ruined, you can just buy replacement lenses and you're not out an entire pair of expensive glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    The interchangeable lenses were the main reason I selected this particular pair. I carry 3 polarized lenses with me and swap them depending on the ambient light. I love the Fire Iridium lenses during low light/high sky conditions and swap them with the Ice Iridiums when the sun starts to show. The Oakley website has a demo on how each color lens looks.

One thing tho...the lenses are extremely sensitive to scratching so make sure you get a case and take care of them. The good thing about the Half Jackets is that if the lenses do get ruined, you can just buy replacement lenses and you're not out an entire pair of expensive glasses.
    Are the lenses on the Straight Jacket not interchangeable? I know the rim goes all the way around the lens on these but I figured the lenses were still swappable.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFish View Post
    Are the lenses on the Straight Jacket not interchangeable? I know the rim goes all the way around the lens on these but I figured the lenses were still swappable.
    The only lenses that I know are interchangeable in the Oakley line are:

Jawbone
    Flak Jacket
    Half Jacket
    Radar
    M Frame
    Thump Pro
    O Rokr

Anyone know if they can fit prescription lenses on Oakley Gas Cans???

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.LipRipr View Post
    Anyone know if they can fit prescription lenses on Oakley Gas Cans???
    Yep.

That'd be a very nice pair, if you get prescription + Polarized.

Be prepared to dish out some cash though. A buddy of mine inquired in getting some prescription Half Jackets and the final price would've been around 450 dollars. Add another 100 bucks if you get them polarized.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast