Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $20-$75 Polarized Sunglasses vs $100-$200?

Default $20-$75 Polarized Sunglasses vs $100-$200?

Any difference as far as the glare on the water? Don't care much about the durability or looks...

Kaenon and Oakley have the best polarization from what I've seen. I like Costa and Ray Bans too.

Buy a pair of EYE SURRENDER glasses and youll never need another pair of polorized glasses. They are $40.. (Last Chance bait and tackle has them). But the Amber lense... They have a black frame that looks good and fits all day even better and doesant hurt the ears after wearing them all day like some glasses. AND the kicker... LIFETIME warranty!!!

check them out... they also have a website that you can google..

Pete

i wear oakleys, you can find some with polarized lenses for pretty cheap, they definitely help out. i havnt tried any others because my oakleys are prescription and look great.

the eyes are not enough anymore http://www.seen-on-tv.ws/mail-order/hd-vision.html
    Last edited by BrandonFish; 07-05-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Buy a pair of EYE SURRENDER glasses and youll never need another pair of polorized glasses. They are $40.. (Last Chance bait and tackle has them). But the Amber lense... They have a black frame that looks good and fits all day even better and doesant hurt the ears after wearing them all day like some glasses. AND the kicker... LIFETIME warranty!!!

check them out... they also have a website that you can google..

Pete
    The Amber lense is the best all around one they sell? They have so many choose from depending on what time of day it is...

Yeah I like oakleys and ray bans as well, but sometimes the cost is pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by dfisher View Post
    Any difference as far as the glare on the water? Don't care much about the durability or looks...
    Plenty of difference, but the biggest price you'll pay when going the more economical route is for the optical clarity, or lack thereof. This leads to eye fatigue, which in the long run, can be devestating to your vision.

In essence, you want to be able to have zero distortion when looking through lenses, and a lot of these high end glasses lack that, which makes me wonder why you're paying so much for them.

http://www.oakley.com/innovation/opt.../polarized/hdo

Check out their testing against other high end glasses.

I bought my Body Glove polarized sunglasses from Big 5 years ago and have stuck with them. They are great, durable, clarity, spare lenses (black and amber), nice case and are usually down from $99 to $40.

Well worth it.

I have a pair of non-polarized Oakley Radar glasses. I went online to shop for an amber polarized option... WOW, these things are pricey! Going to have to watch for for some sales somewhere or add it to the Christmas wish list.

dont buy cheap polarized sunglasses, for me they caused vertigo and headaches, then take them off and I'm fine shortly after. I have some ray-bans with polarized lenses and they don't make me feel sea sick. check out the rayban or oakley sites for polarized sunglasses, they both make some specifically for fishing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast