Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A better place than you found it.

Regardless who leaves it, it will stay there or wash away unless some one picks it up or the wrong thing makes a meal of it!

So you can be pissed and point blame or simply pick up 1 piece on your way out and deposit it in a receptical to be put in a beautiful canyon landfill on land that once might have home to some native fish, birds, reptiles, or bugs!

Lets face the facts that we are all destructive to mother nature regardless of our habits!

Question is how do we fix it!
    Last edited by flyngby; 03-08-2011 at 10:02 PM.

I always try to make wherever I'm fishing a better place by making it a goal to find at least one artificial! LOL. You're absolutley right about picking up at least one item of trash that isn't your own--I'll make it a goal to do so. People are pigs regardless of race. I was born and raised in Idaho--pretty much all whites--at least at that time--and you were bound to run into a shatpile of beer bottles, pampers etc. in what you were thinking was a pristine area. Peace.

i pick up trash all the time when i go fishing and i always find weights and hooks and other knick nacks that people just leave behind. sometimes picking up trash can be a gold mine to a fisherman!

When I fish Long Beach I toss all my trash on the beach.
    You could fill a giant hefty bag every 100 yards.
    Long Beach is a major trash dump for the LA river.
    It is not uncommon for the river boom to get 100 TONS of trash on the first big rain.
    They fill up a dozen tall boy roll off dumpsters.

By pulling trash out of the ocean then depositing it above the high tide the sand dragger tractor will get it.
    They do a great job at cleaning the visable trash for the tourist. What a Joke. All the rocks are packed full of plastic bags and styrofoam.

SHAME ON LONG BEACH.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    There are some nasty messes out there for sure! I do my share to help and some times get fooled into thinking it is a very solid fish!

Last week at Cherry Beach! I took the time to take a break from fishing and deposit it in the proper place rather than shaking it off back into the water!
    Hey Flyngby that's a nice White Seabag!!! Was it legal? lol Seriously I've been picking up other peoples trash at fishing spots since I was a kid fishing with my grandfather, god bless him. I always say respect the ocean and all her beauty and she'll treat you right!

Default My story

Back in the late 80’s my fishing buddy and I bought our first fishing boat together. We got a 19’ Invader center conceal and was very new at off shore fishing. We had fished the bays and lakes for a few months getting use to launching and loading the boat. We always used Taka’s baited and tackle in Buena Park and one day we ask him were is good area to fish a few miles off shore. He told us about the Horse shoe kelp. At that time I only had a compass on board. He gave us the compass heading from Long Beach. Taka said you will know when you are getting close. I said how’s that..”You will see the trash and beer and soda cans just follow them till you see all the boats anchored up..Can you believe it he was absolutely right. There had to be a good half mile of crap floating on the surface. My buddy and I made a rule on our boat we retrieve anything that blows out of the boat..trash hats anything..To this day it’s still a standing rule. We now own a 24’ Bayliner Trophy and damm I wish I had more time to fish

uber dirty LB YEEPS !

I've been doin this from day 1. Awsome post. Some people just have no respect for the environment. i make it a regular practice to pick up ALL trash around my parameter, and if anything comes floating by in the water i net it !! Respect!

Great reminder Pick up after your self and try to pick up after others who dont treat are outdooors they way mother nature would want us to

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234