Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A better place than you found it.

Default A better place than you found it.

My tip of the month is a simple one.Not much to think about or to do. Leave your fishing spot cleaner than you found it by simply picking up one piece of trash that you see.It could be a gob of tangled line- a empty bottle of bait or carton of worms,it could be a lead wieght or an empty bag of chips.If we all make it a point to pick up one piece of trash and place it in our fishing pack or tackle box or maybe an ice chest and then haul it out and place it in the garbage - all of our fishing spots will be a lot nicer to enjoy.Eachh time you go fishing please remember this tip. Thedeadone

I'm in !!!

Already on board, best tip ive heard in a long time because if we dont do it then nobody will.

man I had this idea for so long (not saying anything bout you having it). My mom always used to say to me how much cleaner the world would be if every day every person picked up one piece. I always wanted to start a charity or something called one piece, anyway nice post and awesome idea.

Went to Flat Rock point last week after work for no bites on squid. When leaving this guy next to me fishing had a mess all over.

I had to make a decision. Do I talk to this guy and get POed ? I opted to use and pick up 2 plastic grocery bags full of trash and talk about all the mess people leave. Wasn't sure what trash was his so that helped me decide. Then I look around and see enough trash to fill 3 hefty bags from other people. OMG Fricken Pigs. Already had a load of gear and trash to haul up the 3/4 mile uphill trail so I left the rest behind.

This is not a raceist comment (married to a latina) BUT, when down at these areas or in LB it is pretty clear to see the the hispanics seem to litter the most. This guy and his wife in PV didn't speak english. I fished next to him for 2 hours speaking spanish with him because they spoke no english. I have seen this time and time again with latinos leaving big messes.

It is a culture thing. Down in Wilmington and lower San Pedro you can see ALOT of trash dropped on the street.
    I see kids walking with thier parents unwrapping candy or whatever and dropping the wrappers and the parents don't care.

It is different in the tourist areas, much cleaner.

When we used to go to Mexico in the 70's and 80's the trash on the beaches was everywhere. Broken glass all over the place.
    Sailing back from Cabo to Newport Beach in 1983 the captain said 'All trash goes overboard' He said the last time they saved all the plastic when they went to get fuel in a little Baja port and they handed 2 large bags of plastic trash to a guy in a panga helping them. He dumps out the trash in the little harbor overboard and keep the 2 bags. They don't care down there.

Sure some whites, blacks, asiains litter but nothing to the extent of the latinos. 50+ trips to Baja and first hand experience seeing small shops sweeping the sidewalks and gutters daily only to be trashed by the end of the day.

Here is some Mexico pics.

Typical poor Mexico area.

Make your own dump, local style.

Beach in the Philippines.

FEEL FREE TO RIP INTO ME IF YOU FEEL THIS IS B.S. ABOUT LATINOS I JUST REPORT WHAT I SEE.

DR

Littering is one thing i do NOT tolerate. There is simply no excuse.

Sometimes I'll clean the jetties up. Im sick of the people that dont respect the water. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person that cleans my fishing spots!

I always try to clean up the areas where I fish too. While shorefishing at Lake Perris it is common for me to do that, but my wife is the real queen of the cleanup crew. I think she filled a trashcan at Lake Perris by herself. Once, we went to Fairmount Park, and she spent the entire time -- 2 or 3 hours -- cleaning up the place instead of fishing.

finally, sigh. not the only one pickin up trash.
    keep it up and ill do the same

nice to see prejudice is alive and well on this website, do you really believe these people enjoy living like this??EVER SEE DOWNTOWN LA??, MUST BE THOSE LATINO'S,, DUMMY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    nice to see prejudice is alive and well on this website, do you really believe these people enjoy living like this??EVER SEE DOWNTOWN LA??, MUST BE THOSE LATINO'S,, DUMMY!!!!
    Prejudice-- An assumption made about someone or something before having adequate knowledge to be able to do so with guaranteed accuracy.

He cited photographic evidence and stressed his point in a rational manner.

In fact, nothing about his statement was prejudiced.. It was the bare-bones truth.

I do see trolling and race-baiting is alive and well in YOUR heart.

Btw.. welcome to FNN and PICK UP YOUR TRASH!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast