Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WFO Bassin' Santa Monica Bay 7/3 w-pics

Default WFO Bassin' Santa Monica Bay 7/3 w-pics

Finished all my honey-do’s around 11:30am, and decided to take the my 15ft aluminum Duroboat, the “Red Drum” out for a quick solo afternoon trip out into the Santa Monica Bay. Got on the water around 1pm and the wind wasn’t too bad…yippee! Fortunately, the fish were still biting after the 11am – 12 noon minor prime time bite. I made 16 casts and was rewarded with 16 chunky Sand Bass….love when that happens. Made it back to the San Fernando Valley by 4pm with 10 toad migratory Sandies, that are bled and on ice, and are ready to be filleted for tomorrows 4th of July party/jam sessions up in the hills of Topanga Canyon.

Here are some pictures…none of the fish were under 18.5 inches and the biggest was 22.5 inches…SWEEEEET!! Time to kill some toad Spotfin Croakers from the beach.

First Sand Bass of the day.

Next drop I threw out two baits and got a double hook-up…double sweeeeet!!

Last fish of the day, “Sweet“16” Sand Bass. Love when those migratory Sand Bass show up in July!!

Have a Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!
    And remember, what Patrick Henry said back in March of 1775.

Give me Liberty or Give me Death!

While that might sound rather extreme, Patrick Henry made this statement in a history-altering speech in March of 1775. So strongly did our forefathers feel about establishing freedom in our country, they were willing to fight, to risk their livelihoods and families, and even to die.

Freedom is not free. Our ancestors were a determined bunch, and we are very much the better for it as a result. The year following Henry’s speech, the country established freedom from England and spent the next several incredible centuries pursuing economic growth and democratic success.

Independence Day is technically the “birthday” of the United States of America and is celebrated on the Fourth of July each year. Independence Day is the anniversary of the day on which the Declaration of Independence was finally adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776.

John Adams, one of the founders of our new nation, said: "I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward for evermore."

Independence Day was first celebrated in Philadelphia on July 8, 1776, and in 1941, Congress declared July Fourth a legal public holiday.

So my fellow fisherman: enjoy your picnics, family gatherings, and fireworks on the Fourth of July. But also take a few minutes and silently thank these patriots. It's not much to ask for the price they paid. Remember: freedom is never free!

We are beneficiaries of our forefathers’ courage and inspiration!

God Bless America, our home sweet home!!

Till next tide,

Great job out there Vince!

KPN.

wtg on the slayage,thanks for the pics

Some nice Sandies.

And thanks for the reminding us all of what the 4th of July is all about. We owe everything to those brave men. I for one will be taking time tomorrow to remember the tremendous sacrifice they made, so that future generations could live as individuals, free from government control. Some of our elected officials would benefit from your refresher course also!

Very nice sandies.

That 22 1/2 is a toad! Do you eat the croakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Swank909 View Post
    That 22 1/2 is a toad! Do you eat the croakers?
    I love eating Croaker, they are a smaller version of White Sea Bass, but more tender. Yumyum!!

ITS REALLY NICE TO READ SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW ARE COUNTRY CAME TO BE ,IM A STUDENT OF HISTORY AND MOSTLY AMERICAN HISTORY ITS VERY REFRESHING TO SEE BRAINS OUT THERE,,,,,,,,,NICE FISH AS ALWAYS OUT OF YOU AND YOURE PALS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by TroutOnly; 07-05-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Nice bunch o Sandies there. thanks for the post!!

You guys got Spotfins in N SMB ??? OC to SD gets them. Never even heard of one caught in Redondo, same with the Triggers ?
    Weird ?
    DR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast