Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Lake Erie Guide Trip - Buffalo NY

Default Lake Erie Guide Trip - Buffalo NY

Wife & I took a vacation to Niagara Falls/Buffalo NY last week. We wanted to book a half day fishing in Lake Erie. I found Captian Barry Schultz and contacted him to reserve a half day starting in the morning in Buffalo.

Barry pointed us out to a place to get a 1 day non-residence license and met him at the harbor at 7am Friday morning (6/21). The trip out was choppy and we forgot to take our dramamine. After going to a few of his waypoints on his fish finder, we drifted over a few rock formations that showed there were some fish. No bites after a couple of spots, but after after changing spots a couple of times, we found a nice hot spots. With live minnows and crawdads in the water, the bites were coming in and we landed several smallies, a sheephead, and a yellow perch.

We had to cut the trip short because the rough waters was getting to me and I started chumming up my breakfast.

Overalll, a great experience witha knowledgeable guide. He always made sure we had bait in the water and had 2 spare rods in besides what we were holding. He shared great stories of his tournament adventures, and duck hunting sessions in the harbor.

Here are pics of 2 of our best catches
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me_smallmouth.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	23974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jenn_smallmouth.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	23975  

I fished Erie back in 2001 and also the Maumee River. We caught tons of Walleye and some Pike too. It was a really fun trip.