Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sierra trip

Quote Originally Posted by bstolton View Post
    Can`t seem to attach any pics my buddy took, It says the files are too large. I never had this problem before but my camera is only a 4mp his is 10mp. any suggestions?

Thanks Bill
    Have you tried to use photobucket and resize the pics. I have a 8mp camera and this has worked for me.

Added photos, thanks rt77. resolution is not as good as the originals but you get the idea.

Bill

You sure covered alot of territoty. Nice job.

This comes a bit late, but it looks like you had a good trip. Regarding places you can hike to from Mosquito Flats, I have actually gone as far as Lower Morgan Lake on a day hike. It has nice size G-R hybrids around 10 inches. The weird thing is when I was up there, this 4 wheel drive vehicle with 3 guys in it came along. I hiked all that way, and you can drive there in a 4WD vehicle. It's not in a wilderness area, and there is an old mining road going there from the Pine Creek area. The road must be really rough, though. There are even Goldens in some ponds near there. Also Upper Morgan Lake has Rainbows. (I suspect they airplant it with fingerlings.) There is a pond in-between the 2 Morgan Lakes on the creek where I saw 2 really large (like 2-3 pounds) Rainbows swimming around, but they wouldn't bite and they appeared to be the only 2 fish in there at the time. All of this was a long time ago, so I don't know what the situation is now.

You can get to Morgan Lakes by just continuing on the main trail past Chickenfoot Lake, and over Morgan Pass, which is a very easy pass to go over at about 11,000 feet. Morgan Lakes are in the Pine Creek drainage. There are also some off-trail lakes in the Morgan Lakes area which get very few visitors. I went backpacking to that area once, and went to a small off-trail lake where I caught a couple of good size (10-11 inch) Brook Trout. I think the lake's name is Finch Lake -- plus there were some other small lakes around there that we didn't get to.

NL next time I go to LLV I definitly want to go further, we forgot our maps that day so we weren`t sure how much further the next set of lakes would be.I will let my buddy know about the offroad trail he has a jeep and has talked about taking it to the sierras sometime. I will look up the pine creek area on some maps. Next trip is in sept to the june lake loop, planing on hit up a couple more spots in Jared`s book. They have to be easy because I will have the wife with me.
    Bill

Bill, I know what you mean about the wife. Mine is a great fishing partner, but she is not a good hiker so she only takes short hikes. Otherwise, I would be doing farther hike-in fishing, or backpacking. The trips over Morgan Pass were a long time ago when I was a teenager, but it's only about 4.5 easy miles to Lower Morgan Lake -- or zero if you have the right type of vehicle. Good luck, and I hope you make it to some good new spots. Robert

since we will be in the loop I was thinking either walker or parker, anybody been there? Jared makes walker sound pretty inviting. Also I thought one day we could do the saddlebag taxi or maybe the hike to bennettville ghost town. anybody been to any of these areas?

Thanks Bill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123