Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: *Alligator Gar at El Dorado wilderness area 3 lake*

another statement about gar eggs.

Professor Jamie Ladonski writes:

Did yall know this?

Alligator gar eggs are poisonous, to birds, animals, and humans, but safe for other fish to eat.

A single female alligator gar can produce 100,000 to 300,000 eggs. But the quantity of these eggs is not unusual. It’s what the eggs contain that’s remarkable: a deadly toxin.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny300 View Post
    strike one. gator gar are scavengers & do not just prey on game fish

strike two. gar eggs are toxic to mammals not to fish.

SOME of you need to learn a little about gator gar. Before you start spreading your myths & lies about a fish you know nothing about.
    I thought I had read somewhere the eggs were also toxic to the fish...I would have thought they would be toxic to fish too...Sorry for the myth my friend.

As far as Gars only being scavengers? I dunno...but I've always read they will eat anything that fits in their mouth.

Here is the most important thing I'm concerned about Mr Danny.

The Gars are not indigenous to our City Park Lakes or any waters out here in Californal and transporting any live fish from one water to another is illegal. They simply don't belong in our lakes whether you like it or not.

Respectfully,
    brian

strike one. gator gar are scavengers & do not just prey on game fish

strike two. gar eggs are toxic to mammals not to fish.

SOME of you need to learn a little about gator gar. Before you start spreading your myths & lies about a fish you know nothing about.

Did U guys throw he bass back?

What alot of people aren't getting is. This fish isn't a threat. YES, IT DOESN'T BELONG IN ANY LAKE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.

All these myths & outright lies aren't right to be spreading. Because some people only read a thread so far and take it as facts.

1. Gar are scavengers. They aren't a killing machine, like people are posting. Look it up!
    2. Gar eggs are only toxic to mammals. NOT TO OTHER FISH
    3. Gars only bread in running water.

People don't have to worry about gar. WHAT PEOPLE SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT ARE THOSE SNAKEHEADS. Because those are killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny300 View Post
    What alot of people aren't getting is. This fish isn't a threat. YES, IT DOESN'T BELONG IN ANY LAKE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.

All these myths & outright lies aren't right to be spreading. Because some people only read a thread so far and take it as facts.

1. Gar are scavengers. They aren't a killing machine, like people are posting. Look it up!
    2. Gar eggs are only toxic to mammals. NOT TO OTHER FISH
    3. Gars only bread in running water.

People don't have to worry about gar. WHAT PEOPLE SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT ARE THOSE SNAKEHEADS. Because those are killing machines.

LOL Danny, Sounds like u are running for Mayor of our Local Gars. LOL

BTW, we have enough politicians that break the laws and don't need any more of them. lol

Dude, seriously, I'm just concerned when people transport live fish and replant them in areas they don't belong. The DFG Warden told me last year at the A-pond that he didn't want them c&R'd in our lakes. Plus its against the law to release them in our lakes out here.

Also, I'm sure most people realize how to use search engines and that these message boards aren't the Gospel.

Brian

7. Default

Whole lotta people get excited over a whole lotta...nothing.

Pics or bs. <^_^>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234