Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Amazing day at sarl!!!! Saturday 6/26

Default Amazing day at sarl!!!! Saturday 6/26

SSSYYYYYKKKKKEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! worst time ever got there at opening, saw tons of carp jumping, was super confident cuz of the stockings. but nope not even one bite all effin day. and no one else around even had bites. I understand that the fish are still in shock etc etc. but whats the excuse for the fish that has been stocked prior. Still had fun cuz i was wit the boys. they dared me to eat a live minnow we found in the algae haha bear grillzed it. Some asian guys were on the bridge fishing i asked what they were getting and they said baby tilapia lol. looked like bluegills to me. Went to my local spot after a disapointing day at sarl and between us 3 caught bout 45 LMB biggest one was bout 3 lbs. so good day of fishing

S.A.R.L. bites the big one! I had the same thing happen to me last weekend. No bueno. Lucky for you, you ended the day without the skunk.

Aw cmon guys, dont give up. Its a good place to fish when the conditions are right.

Did you try Chris' pond? Its a good place for kitties. What baits did you use? What rigging?

Don't sweat da skunk too much. Sarl can have periods when the fish feed and when they lay low. May want to try the evening sessions or 24 hr deal. Daytime catfish bite can be on and off pretty much anywhere almost. Good thing 2 do is to bounce around a lot. I would have hit all 3 lakes in various places till I found out whats happening. Try m&m's too. That seems to always have beena good Sarl bait. Dipping it in hog wild use 2 be da ticket. The hog wild helps keep that gills,bass and carp off of ity cuz of da stink.
    Last edited by bluehunter; 06-28-2010 at 09:25 PM.

yeah i know i was just bummed is all. ill be back as i usually am at that place. :o)

thanks for thereport, skunk happens,.,.never give up...

Default Give em' a little more time

The bite from the shore has been hit and miss. If you are lucky enough to get by the boat docks, you can hit. Of course some really lucky anglers have been hitting from various parts of all three lakes. I too; have had no luck yet this season, but the bite should begin to pick up for us all beginning mid to late July. I have stated before that as a shore fisherman, I love the challenge that I get at SARL; now I hope to turn that challenge into fish!

i can relate! used to bring kids here all the time...before they stocked the big ones. this was THE place if you wanted kids to catch limits. that's all over now. last time i was here i took a drive around kids pond (20 people) and all got skunked. then started at levitz corner and drove all the way to the boat dock asking if anyone caught ANYTHING, much less a limit. talked to 34 more people for a total of 54. i guess we were "some of the few" who didn't get a bite. glad to hear someone caught something. i'll be back....maybe....next year! but i won't be bringing kids!

I may be beating a whale corpse here, but WHAT RIGS DID YOU USE?

You may have had your lines too tight. You may have been rigged weird.