Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A ride on the Seahorse - 6/20

Default A ride on the Seahorse - 6/20

Aloha Fellow Fisher Peps,

Finally had the chance to take PE Jr. on his first overnight trip aboard the Seahorse out
    of Dana Point. This was a fathers day with kids trip so it was a perfect way to test Jr's sea legs.
    We left the harbor by 9pm. Wouldn't you know the weather forcasters are calling for tough windy
    conditions. Not what I had in mind for Jr's first trip. As soon as we left the harbor it started
    to rock n roll... I was worried about how all the kids would handle the rough weather crossing
    the channel. They all did great... no chum for anyone. We get to San Clemente after a wild ride
    to set up and make squid at 3:45am. The crew works real hard & nets a decent amount, enough for
    a days fishing. At 4:30 we soak some glow jigs tipped with live squirts for the elusive WSB. Some guys
    did a sliding sinker rig which picked away at the bat rays. Those guys where huge & put up a heck of
    a fight too. The weather laid down nicely. About 6:30 we make a move to the YT grounds & anchor up
    next to the Fury. We see them pull a YT over the rail and everyone gets excited as we get set up. You
    could see some surface action and lots of sea lions & birds darting around everywhere. So now we
    are 0-2 on the species ...no WSB or YT. At 7:15 Captain decides it's time to search for other species
    like calicos, sheep heads, white fish etc... Get some sort of action going. Jr. is still in his bunk sleeping
    so I go down to wake him. He thought he was dreaming. I said " It's time to fish" and... he jumps up
    so quick with his eyes not totally cleared yet and was at the rail in 2 seconds flat...lol classic moment.
    Everyone greeted him as "sleepy head". Fishing was really slow with lots of moves & we picked away
    at the fish. We fished around the entire island. At 1:45 Capt decides one more move which made the
    difference as we finally had a decent bit on a assortment of fish. Jr. gets the biggest fish of the trip
    with a log baracuda. I was so bummed I didn't enter him in the jackpot. I thought if he hooked a yellow
    that I would have to step in to help anyway. Major lesson learned here... Always enter your kid in the
    jackpot as you never know when they'll win. Jr was bummed about not winning but I told him we all
    know who the real winner is... A guy with a small bonita won the jackpot. Back at the docks where
    mom was waiting to pick us up at 7:30pm. A great memorable fathers day for us. The entire crew of the
    Seahorse was awesome. I would recommend fishing with Capt Tyler to anyone who wants to have a
    good time. Deck hands where on top of the tangles, unhooking fish, & assisting where needed.
    Final catch was 3 sheep head, 2 white fish, 2 calico bass, 1 bonita, & 1-big baracuda.
    Lots of other fish released...
    Here are some pix...

Very nice report Danny.
    Cool, that JR got the big fish of the day. It always seems to work out that way.
    Robert

Check your P.M.

JR on a slimer !!!! SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did he like that vs. a trout on the troll??? =)

Sweet!!!! Just one question.

WHERE WAS MY INVITE??????? LOL

Great report Danny! Good job on getting your son on the fish. Tyler's a great guy and a great skipper.

good to see this kind of report! nice going!

Nice Fathers day for you and your Son. It don't much better than that . Congrats Jr. on the nice Cuda. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Very nice report Danny.
    Cool, that JR got the big fish of the day. It always seems to work out that way.
    Robert

Check your P.M.
    Funny Jr told me next time he will pay his own jackpot...lol PM checked

Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    JR on a slimer !!!! SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did he like that vs. a trout on the troll??? =)
    funny.....Jr didn't think that cuda gave him much of a fight. He's hooked on SALT that's for sure. On the way in we both took naps
    and almost at the docks i wake him, He say's "is it time to fish again"...lol good answer huh. He wouldn't stop playing with the baits
    ie sardines & squids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post
    Sweet!!!! Just one question.

WHERE WAS MY INVITE??????? LOL
    My bad Ricky... next time for sure. We gotta soak a line soon bruddah... It's getting ><>'y out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpot Jimmy View Post
    Great report Danny! Good job on getting your son on the fish. Tyler's a great guy and a great skipper.
    Yes sir Jackpot Jimmy... Capt Tyler is an awesome fisherman. He will stay those extra hours to hook you up ><>.
    Class operation for sure. The crew where right there when you needed them to help with the kids & us for that matter.
    Plus that boat is comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by elevated View Post
    good to see this kind of report! nice going!
    Mahaloz elevated... We had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Nice Fathers day for you and your Son. It don't get much better than that . Congrats Jr. on the nice Cuda. Thanks for sharing
    Mahaloz Patrick... I've created a fishing monster. That's all Jr ever talks about now... when we going fishing again lol.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

GREAT stuff Danny, what a FANTASTIC Fathers Day for you guys!

Way to go Junior! That is one very nice Cuda!
    I have a feeling there are plenty of jackpot wins in Junior's future!

I'd say fishing with dad on Fathers Day and catching the biggest fish of the day
    was the REAL jackpot!

Ho'omaika'i 'ana!

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman57 View Post
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

GREAT stuff Danny, what a FANTASTIC Fathers Day for you guys!

Way to go Junior! That is one very nice Cuda!
    I have a feeling there are plenty of jackpot wins in Junior's future!

I'd say fishing with dad on Fathers Day and catching the biggest fish of the day
    was the REAL jackpot!

Ho'omaika'i 'ana!

Dana
    Big Big Mahaloz Hana Hou bruddah Dana !!! Appreciate the kind words.
    Hope you had a wonderful day as well...
    Take Care Brah,
    Danny aka PE & PE Jr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast