Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: " now here's the big news"

Default " now here's the big news"

the dogg has been doing this for the last few years....the catfish opener...at these two lakes,,,,s.a.r.l. & corona.......of course i always go to corona lake because it's close....but if theres ever a time to catch catfish.....it's this weekend......bank or boat it make no difference.......mac or livers......heck throw on a hot dog....man they will bite it.........

when they say......" now here's the big news"........trust the bulldog.......the cat's will be a bitting...this weekend at both these lakes.....

from...the dog pound !

Default For Sure!!!

Hey BDB;
    Just going to chime in here to let everyone know that I read this gentlemans posts (with pics) all last catfish season, and he was killin em' at Corona! I am headed out to SARL tonight (friday); I hope to do much damage. I forgot my camara at home, so I will have to take pics once I arrive back at the flat. Trust BDB... he's a monster on the cats!!!

Can't wait for some reports. I think I might be going to SARL on Sunday.

They haven't posted their Thursday stocking videos like they said they were going to. I'm a little skeptical right now.... may want to wait until Saturday evening for Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin310 View Post
    They haven't posted their Thursday stocking videos like they said they were going to. I'm a little skeptical right now.... may want to wait until Saturday evening for Sunday.
    Yeah; I couldn't wait to get off work yesterday, to see the new stocking videos... needless to say, I was very disappointed they did not exsist; however before I left for work this morning, I checked you tube and the second stocking video was on there. I was really interested in the third video also, because they said there was going to be some type of suprise. Called my wife around 10 am, and had her check, and that third video still did not exsist...sigh... but I'm loaded up, and can't wait to get off work. Depending on the shoreline avalible, i'm going to work the big lake first; and keep my option open for chris pond if luck is slow. I still luv u SARL; but trust must be earned... we are riding on your everyword...
    Last edited by AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN; 06-25-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN View Post
    Yeah; I couldn't wait to get off work yesterday, to see the new stocking videos... needless to say, I was very disappointed they did not exsist; however before I left for work this morning, I checked you tube and the second stocking video was on there. I was really interested in the third video also, because they said there was going to be some type of suprise. Called my wife around 10 am, and had her check, and that third video still did not exsist...sigh... but I'm loaded up, and can't wait to get off work. Depending on the shoreline avalible, i'm going to work the big lake first; and keep my option open for chris pond if luck is slow. I still luv u SARL; but trust must be earned... we are riding on your everyword...
    It looks like SARL/Corona has posted the third stocking video. I am unable to view it at work. Has anyone seen what the suprise is that they are speaking of. thanks a/b

Tagged fish worth green$50 and orange$100.

TS

Quote Originally Posted by TaperSteve View Post
    Tagged fish worth green$50 and orange$100.

TS
    Thanks TaperSteve; nothin like a little pot luck to spice up the game...

well i got in line at corona lake friday afternoon......man the line was deep i was about # 35.....i decided to be lazy and not take my boat...it's in the garage nice & clean ready for next saturday at the vine........the bulldog was going to fish old school from the bank, hunting me some catfish around a nice camp fire, the first thing i noticed was there was lots of moss......i fished for about two hours without even a bite.....i was flylining... my bait (no weight) and # 5 circle hook with 4 or 5 chicken livers on it. dipped in "BIGWILLIES X.X.X. BLOOD DIP"......every 30 min's or so i would reel my line in...to check my bait.......the bait was still good but moss & algae was on it.......i said to myself i needed to put on some weight so i could cast out farther.....away from the green stuff !!.....so i did !......i fished till about 10:30 friday night.....and never caught a catfish...........the only thing i caught was a 57 pound sturgeon.......he looked just like his brother that i caught on 1/31/2010....that one was 103 pounds........ thanks again to corona lake "home of the super fish" and the bulldogboogers.............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0007.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	23737   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250_00515705.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	23735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250_00515703.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	23736  

Well done on the sturgeon!

TS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast