Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake San Antonio with T.O. and Kewly. Quality Stripers. Tuesday 6/22/10

Default Lake San Antonio with T.O. and Kewly. Quality Stripers. Tuesday 6/22/10

“The Boss” finally gave me a week off to play. So off I went to Parcher’s for the Team 57 High Sierras Event. Spent a few days there slaying Alpers and got home late Sunday night.

I had a trip planned with Bob (TroutOnly) to fish Lake San Antonio on Tuesday and decided to drive up there Monday night. I get a call from Hubert (Kewlwhip) Monday morning… I guess he finally logged on and got my message. LOL I asked Kewly if he wanted to join Bob & I on the Striper hunt and Kewly jumped at the chance since Kewly 69 didn’t have to work at Irvine Lake on Tuesdays. So we drove up Monday night… the three and a half hour drive turned into a five hour drive due to some road construction and accident on the 5 Freeway at Goreman. The Hybrid finally cruised into Paso Robles just in time for a late dinner. We checked into the motel and snoozed for about four hours before heading right back out the door to meet up with Bob. Kewly has never been to this lake before so our goal was to put him on a big Lake San Antonio Lineside. Today was all about the quality of the fish. We had to work hard for the bite, cruising from one end of the lake to the other, but the ones we did manage to catch were some really nice fish. Took home five Stripers and farmed a few too.

Here are some pics… enjoy.

Foggy and cold in the early morning hours.

Kewly lifting the fish…

The last thing Hubert saw as the Lineside vanished into the abyss. LOL

We won’t talked about this one either, will we Bob?!?

Until next time… may you have peace in your mind… and heart.

Bob, thanks again for your patience and dedication of putting us on fish. We love fishing with Uncle Bob!

Hubert, I’m glad that you got to experience the power of these Stripers. They kick some major butt don’t they? Bob and I were ganging up on you all day… thanks for being a good sport buddy.

It’s been a great week of relaxation and fishing… back to the grind on Thursday, damn.

Arthur (Wingnut)

“The secret to a happy life isn’t to get more of what you want.
    It’s learning how to better enjoy what you already have...”

Bonus pics

Watch out Blackwater… just a matter of time buddy, I’m gonna get that DD Lineside on the Superman combo soon!

This pic is up pending Steel Gary’s approval.

One of the nice fish we caught at the Team 57 Parcher’s High Sierras Event. Check out Dana’s (Fisherman57) report in the Eastern Sierras Section.

Parting shot.

Wingnut Pug: Why don’t I ever get to go on vacation…?
    Wingnut: That’s because every day is a vacation for you…
    Last edited by Wingnut; 06-24-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections.

Looks like another great day on the lake. Give me a shout out when you go up there again. Ive only caught 2 small line sides in my life and those look like a lot of fun.. Killer Superman Trout also

Nice catch guys.

T/O you have really got those fish dialed in.
    Last edited by fishinone; 06-24-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Nice report Arthur! You logged a few miles on the hybrid this last week bro. Might need to buy a plane so you can have all your bases covered.

I always look for your reports , GOOD JOB on some nice fish AGAIN . great pics .

Quality Fish !

Killer trip Arthur,congrats on the lineside slay with uncle bob, good job getting kewly on his first S.A striper,
    cant wait to get back up there,.,.,.bob,.,...,.im waiting,.,.,.,.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post

This pic is up pending Steel Gary’s approval.

Ohhhhhhhh Yeah !

Bloooooooood !

Daddy Likes !

Saweeeeet ! Blooodshot !

.................................................. .Approved : )

Nice job guys, real nice n’ healthy Fat San Antone feesh !

Looks like you guys had a great time….

Toads !

Congrats and thanks for the text update that day : )

Nice job Bob on getting the guys to the bite…..all nice healthy peegs !
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 06-24-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Another GREAT report from the DYNAMIC DUO,,,TRIO!!!!!!

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

simply sick striper fishing...

What a blast to fish with Uncle Bob/T.O (always), and Arthur (thanks for the hospitality, and dinner) -thanks to you both for bringing me along! T.O. has the SA lake on lockdown...specially for the larger units! and dayum that hybrids got some passing power! - lookout DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!! hahaha.... The salmanoid phenom had the bulls/cows looking, maybe because one looked like a target for swimbaits? jk-

Yup, i got broke off, one of the BiGGeR units took me down for a run right behind the boat, and POP-...twice...not a good feeling, but it happens.

Next trip need to do a 2 day'R for sure.... SOLD.

til nextime!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast