Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Laughlin fishing help needed

Default Laughlin fishing help needed

So, I'm headed to Laughlin Nevada Thursday bright and early and will be there until Monday. So, what I need help with is fishing there. My brother in law is bringing a boat. I need to have the fishing gear and intel ready for all the kids. What us biting there now? What gear should I bring? Leave the bass gear home? Bring lite tackle for panfish for the kids? Any particular spots that are good? How is shore fishing at camp?

Any/ all help is greatly appreciated. I'll have the iPhone to check PMs. I'd love done intel before noon tomorrow to pack the gear.

Thanks Team 57 family!!!
    Last edited by MAVERICK27; 06-22-2010 at 11:30 PM.

i would hit the lake instead of the river when we do that there is only one spot i fish for bass and it usually produces go out of kathrines landing tun left toward the damn and you will see the island fish the island and if you go in the cove behind the island at the very back of it there is a bass haven so ya go check that out cranks senkos are killer troll shad mimics for the stripers and if you feel crazy fish the docks infont of the hotels for striper or big caro but the will tell you to leave in a short time and cranks work wiell on the river too try the bridge that you cross over to get to bullhead

Hey thanks Daniel! My instincts served me well then. I brought mostly bass gear and some swimbaits for striped. That's huge help man, I appreciate it. I am still waiting to see where were camped. All I know is Laughlin and right on the water. Wish us luck!!

Good luck Mav!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAVERICK27 View Post
    Hey thanks Daniel! My instincts served me well then. I brought mostly bass gear and some swimbaits for striped. That's huge help man, I appreciate it. I am still waiting to see where were camped. All I know is Laughlin and right on the water. Wish us luck!!
    Good Luck out there and thanks for the questions.
    My family and I will be out there next Tuesday-Friday.
    I'll throw the rod at dusk and see how it goes!
    Robert

Well the boat we brought had issues and was down most of the time. Also, me being the only angler on the trip, they only wanted to wakeboard, which is fun too. I was only able to throw in the cove we stayed. There was a ton of huge carp and small baitfish, but no bass. I tossed out some stink bait one night and woke to my clicker and caught a 3 lb channel cat. Great eating! I kept it alive on a stringer until just before we ate it. Pretty tasty :) thanks all for the info. Too bad we couldnt test some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MAVERICK27 View Post
    Well the boat we brought had issues and was down most of the time. Also, me being the only angler on the trip, they only wanted to wakeboard, which is fun too. I was only able to throw in the cove we stayed. There was a ton of huge carp and small baitfish, but no bass. I tossed out some stink bait one night and woke to my clicker and caught a 3 lb channel cat. Great eating! I kept it alive on a stringer until just before we ate it. Pretty tasty :) thanks all for the info. Too bad we couldnt test some of it.
    If I were you I would get hold of Sansou as he has had some luck out there!