Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to make a simple cricket trap?

Crickets are very inexpensive, and can be bought at pet shops and reptile shops. There some pretty dandy cricket carriers out there as well

my cricket trap consists of my two daughters, each with a little aquarium net and a flashlight. Wait till sundown, then patrol yard. We end up with more than enough for a days fishing in less than a half-hour. IMHO the funnest way to get bait.

haha dont think they meant a the roach bug think she meant the leftover smoke,, try it out who knows might get a rare lathergic stoned fish hah the actual bugs work good though i caught a 3 lb bass then a 2 lb catfish on prekilled hissers a couple years ago

Quote Originally Posted by madwire3 View Post
    haha dont think they meant a the roach bug think she meant the leftover smoke,, try it out who knows might get a rare lathergic stoned fish hah the actual bugs work good though i caught a 3 lb bass then a 2 lb catfish on prekilled hissers a couple years ago
    ....Crap. Why didnt I notice this!? Man. This only happens to me when I'm stoned

It just so happens that carp love the smell of weed. A fresh nug straight off the plant would catch a carp-- I promise!

But thats not a very economical bait.

Live roaches can actually survive under water longer than crickets and grasshoppers (excluding pygmy grasshoppers, many of which are aquatic).

smokehound = insect expert
    Last edited by skunkmaster; 06-22-2010 at 04:54 PM.

get an old coffee can any bury it in the ground up to the lip, or just put it on its side and put a half of a fresh potato in it. Last time I did that I had about 30-40 and I live in a apartment complex. use um for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by elevated View Post
    get an old coffee can any bury it in the ground up to the lip, or just put it on its side and put a half of a fresh potato in it. Last time I did that I had about 30-40 and I live in a apartment complex. use um for everything.
    I like this idea!

ah yeah didnt think of that, used to do that with runner blinds to catch banded geckos years ago for a guy who needed pics for a herp book, worked well caught many different critters throughout the night, we walked from trap to trap to make sure snakes werent getting to em before we did.. only one snake got a lucky easy meal that night but it had ahold of a smaller kingsnake down in the can. tons of jerusilum crickets and tarantulas, as well as those teal colored centipedes and other critters from frogs to a small water turtle by the creek.. was a fun night

Well we struck out with the cricket trap. Don't really think it's the trap, it seems the crickets may not be in the same places around our house as before. Used 1/2 gallon milk cartons on their side with pieces of raw potato for bait. They should have been all over this, but I'm not seeing them around right now. Anyhow I broke down and went to Petco, sure enough found a nice stony looking dude there who hooked me up with many extras!

Quote Originally Posted by skunkmaster View Post
    Well we struck out with the cricket trap. Don't really think it's the trap, it seems the crickets may not be in the same places around our house as before. Used 1/2 gallon milk cartons on their side with pieces of raw potato for bait. They should have been all over this, but I'm not seeing them around right now. Anyhow I broke down and went to Petco, sure enough found a nice stony looking dude there who hooked me up with many extras!
    Sh'yeah. We're cool people

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast