Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fish jerky

havent looked at this threat in a while... ive made jerky like 3 more times since that first experiment,, so far my favorite is hot terriaki "sp?" bluegill.. been catching a lot of eater size bluegill cooked a mess of em one night but was less then pleased with the flavor but as jerky its great,, tastes great ... still aiming for a 3 to 5 lb carp to cut and try out but for now im doing my job culling the bluegill... catfish indeed sucked as jerky only used a small peice of a fillet made nuggets out of the rest... anyways my kiddo was born on 8-9-10 so fishing has been cut down to like one trip a week.. gotta have my fishing time,,, next week goin for more bluegill for another batch of jerky and hopefully a smaller carp... 12hours of marinade 3-4 hours of dehydrating ...days of munchin

k so heres my last prep tech that worked greatttt..
    in a large ziplock mix 6 parts terryaki to 1 part soysauce... didnt measure but add lemon pepper and garlic salt as desired, took each bluegill/red ear fillet and stabbed it a few times with a fork to tenderize and allow better favor spread... toss em all in the back massage for a while then seal up and toss in the fridge.. left to marinate for like 15 hours, then spread out on the dehydrator trays and added fresh ground pepper.. i like my jerky a lil hotter so i did lots of pepper and it turned out greatttt.. those 5-7 inch bluegill and redears have perfect size fillets for jerky... they dry fast and even and taste great... i did about 2.5 lbs of meat this time next batch of panfish are goin in the fryer for sure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12