Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fish jerky

Default fish jerky

id a search on here but didnt come up with anything, also on yahoo and google with minimal info, so i took one med/sm crappie cut each fillet in half and marinated in a couple marinades i had in the fridge a lemon and herb one and ... think the other was more of a terriaki.. i only did one crappie cause if its gross i dont wanna be like man i wasted 5 crappie on that, if its good i can easily replicate it,, anyways one tiny peice was done so i nibbled and so far yummy, anyone else have more experience with fish jerky? not smoked, dehydrated in a dehydrator

Ive always wanted to try and make some fish jerky with my dehidrtr. Fish will have oils in the meat but it should work ? I'll give it a try . The native indians did it with just the sun .

what i read was dont use the heavily oily fish like catfish n such, crappie trout salmon and such are said to work good but u also wanna make sure u dap it with paper towels after a lil while to get any moisture off the meat, this crappie turned out good, gonna make more probably tomorrow, i have a couple trout that are getting some freezer burn goin so probably try those next

Do you think something like bass or bluegill would work, they arent too oily.

Default good stuff

I use a smoker to dehydrate trout.the stuff is the bomb.

What do U smoke when ur smoking fish?

Good one Nessie (~..~)

No offence but fish jerkey blows.. Top Serloin or Flank steak is the ticket. Even london broil works real good. Fish is best fresh bbq'd , broiled or grilled . jmo

I made some striper jerky last week and it was very tasty for a first attempt. I have had some that others have made in the past from stripers and it was excellent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast