Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: San Antonio 6-17/18

Default San Antonio 6-17/18

T/O says it's good karma if you see deer. Well, it's must be bad karma if the first deer you see is a fawn run over in the middle of the road.
    Pulled into San Antonio about 6:30 on Thursday afternoon and started on the troll. Stayed out 'til 9:30 with only one farmed stripy. It was windy and cold as we pulled out the sleeping bags and set out some shad for the night bite. Not even a nibble all night. The dew moved in and put a layer of water all over the sleeping bags and was wide eyed and ready to fish by 4:30 am. Went back on the troll and didn't have a grab until 8:30. My theory was that the north wind pushed all the bait to the south side of the lake . Finally started marking some fish and farmed one and landed 3- total weight 21-10.
    Father's day weekend crowd started hitting the lake in force about 10:00 am and we were off to the barn by 11:30. The traffic was beyond believable from Paso all the way to Hwy 33 and then took the back way to B-town.
    Swanee

cutbait Guest

Its kinda cool to go catch 20 some on pounds of fish. Especially when its just 3 fish

Thanks for the report Bako Brethren

i guess a deer is a deer,.,.congrats on some nice stripers and thanks for the report and pics..

Nice going on the Linesides

Nice catch!

I don't know how you can figure that's bad. After all your not T/O.

Keeping BAKERS, represented,,,,,,,OOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

WTG guys on the stripers

TRAIL BLAZER

WAY TO SLAY HOOKJAW ,MAN IVE NEARLY BEEN THAT GUY RUNNING THE DEER DOWN ON THE WAY TO THE LAKE EARLY IN THE MORNING , YOU GOT HOOKUPS SO ITA ALL GOOD,I WILL BE THERE TUES AND WEDS, LOOKING FOR THEM STRIPEYS,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,

Good job on them fat SA stripers!!