Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remember "That" Black Sea Bass? - Charges Filed

SIX reasons why this out of work actor should be convicted. NO REMORSE FOR HIS CRIME.

Good thing he got himself a DUI attorney to rep. in court LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ahole6.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	23512   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ahole1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	23511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ahole3.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	23510   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ahole2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	23513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ahole4.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	23514  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ahole5.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	23515  
    Last edited by Danny300; 06-19-2010 at 05:29 PM.

It's obviously what these guys were up to (it may be easy to fool a non-fishermen or tourist but you can't fool fishermen especially DFG they have heard and seen all the excuses). This incident is not the first time DFG has busted BSB poachers, normally the guilty quietly take the charges because normal people are accountable for their mistakes. The fact that these guys made a big deal out of it definitely makes it an easier prosecution. They deserve all the penalties just like any normal fisherman would be guilty of. The DFG is undermanned so they know they cannot protect from all poachers, incidents like this make it a lot easier for DFG to do their jobs. If these two geniuses had some common sense and admitted they made an honest mistake instead of insulting the intelligence of the Saltwater fishing community and DFG with BS charity internet sites and T-shirt sales maybe they would of received a slap on the wrist. Even if these guys claim to have not known the regulation the law does not give a shiet about ignorance only mental illness. I hope our fishing license fees and the penal system follow through with some justice. I have witnessed DFG give fines for much lesser acts, this incident is pretty damn blatant and they deserve to be penalized.
    Word of advice for these guys next time if your going to kill someone or something do it in a dark alley or your backyard don't do it at Disneyland!!!
    Last edited by Anglerboi; 06-19-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightline View Post
    I'll come to the defense of the defendants.

If the judiciary decides to make an example out of them then so be it. but its kind sad because if you think about it. Commercial fisheries catch hundreds of fish a day, and tons of it is by catch and is sent back in to the ocean regardless if its dead or alive and these guys catch one fish and they serve time in jail. I dont think its right.
    By catch is different than Balboa Pier on a busy weekend. He knew what it was.
    Should have jumped in, cut the line and let it go.

Too many POACHERS at piers.

GUILTY

Warning; BS Below.

“He did not keep or hold the fish on the beach any longer than possible,” McCann said, “and then he worked feverishly to resuscitate the fish in shallow water for a long period of time. Of course that part is not captured on videotape.”

Watch the below video and it is out of the water 5 minutes and was out before the video started.

At 4 minutes the photo session starts.

DR

Still go with the defendant.

Poachers on the pier is no comparison to the bycatch of commercial fishermans.

lame,, wrong is wrong no matter how big or small, u know the guy or something? guilty of something simular?

I say a year in jail for each year that fish was alive?? Its murder in the second degree

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKiller View Post
    a small hook would heal out faster than the giant *** pier gaff he snagged the fish with.
    the fish shoulda never been handled on dry sand. out of the water for a long aaaaaa time. too long. in youtube videos u can hear people in the crowd letting him know it was a no keep bsb. he kept soaking in tourist fame as the protected species was getting shafteed. ultimately he knew what he was doing by his setups and passerby comment. he fd up. then lies lies lies and tries to solicite money? dfg has video of his pompous attitude, which will be the nail in his coffin. if he was genuinely appologetic...........
    Damn I didn't know he gaffed it. Yeah that's fd up

watch the vids,, the boat guy beats the fishes face with one of them trying to stick the gaff, wack wack wack

Quote Originally Posted by madwire3 View Post
    lame,, wrong is wrong no matter how big or small, u know the guy or something? guilty of something simular?
    I agree with you. What kind of violent child abuser defends the death of a black sea bass, then trashes the fisheries?

Lightline, your argument is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by madwire3 View Post
    Yeah i know his mom and his dad just like I know your mom and your dad, stupid. Yeah and Dont you remember you were fishing for lobster at redondo pier with line and hook and you stuck 3 of them in your back and went to the car. and you told the guy next to you not to say anything. Dont you remember?

And dont you remember the time you were fishing on the rocks and you caught 20" halibut and you stuck it in your back pack and went to the car?

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    I agree with you. What kind of violent child abuser defends the death of a black sea bass, then trashes the fisheries?

Lightline, your argument is retarded.

Dont you remember when you were beating your son and fishing at the same time and told him to go get your beer?

Are you two related or something? second cousins or brothers from different fathers? silence is an admission.

You two should focus more on the oil spill in the gulf that the "commerical" oil industry created. Seems that they will be killing more giant sea bass then this guy. dont get your panties all in a bunch. go buy some gas and you two fill feel better.

Still go with the defendant.

Poachers on the pier is no comparison to the bycatch of commercial fishermans.

He is probably screwed but he still deserves a defense. But you two on the other hand I dont know, making personal attacks in a forum was uncalled for.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4000167/

"Fishing Information: There has been a moratorium, which will probably last many years, on landing giant sea bass in California. All fish must be returned alive to the water (fish was returned alive to the water based on the video). Occasionally, fish taken by anglers will "float" (yup, it floated to the surface alright) to the surface as their gas bladders expand. They may be returned by carefully inserting a hypodermic needle through the side of the fish into the gas bladder and allowing the air to escape. Please be aware that it is illegal to take or possess giant sea bass."
    http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/mspcont9.asp

Yeah it sucks, he probably knew it was a black sea bass. it looked like he was using a wired leader and wire cutters to cut the wire. But if he would have cut the mono line the fish would be entangled later...

"Giant sea bass were once a relatively common inhabitant of Southern California waters, yet in the 1980s it was facing the threat of local extinction off the California coast. Beginning in the late 1800s, the species supported both a commercial fishery taking hundreds of thousands of pounds annually, and a sport fishery that also landed hundreds of fish each year. Spear fishermen also exploited the giant sea bass, first as free divers, and then after the mid 1950s using scuba gear. Often the divers would target the species when they moved into shallow water during the summer months to spawn..."
    Last edited by Lightline; 06-20-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast