Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember "That" Black Sea Bass? - Charges Filed

Default Remember "That" Black Sea Bass? - Charges Filed

District Attorney filed charges on both the fishermen and the guy in the boat. I didn't even know they had ID'ed the guy on the boat...

http://www.ocregister.com/news/fish-...ker-brady.html

Good job DFG! Took long enough for the DA to decide on charges though...

Great job dfg!!!! Job well done!!! I'll be there on the 16th to yell fish killer too.
    Last edited by Danny300; 06-17-2010 at 08:08 PM.

I love his website i bet he donates all that money straight to his pocket.

Bigred

Who ever was involved with the comment " I'll split it with you" is guilty in my book. enough said

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Who ever was involved with the comment " I'll split it with you" is guilty in my book. enough said
    X2 They will have a hard time trying to fight that comment in court.

Bigred

If the story in this article is true about how he brought the fish to shore, removed the hooks, then took it back out into the water to revive it, what everyone is up in arms about is that he took too long to put it back in the water? Or are you saying as soon as he saw that it was a black seabass he should've cut the line?

They probably used the guys reg # on his boat to ID him. They have AL0T of video on Youtube of it. Id have to look back and see the videos but im sure you can prob see the reg # in atleast one of them.

The guy in the boat was trying to help gaff the BSB. He could have helped with releasing it but instead they gaffed it and dragged it on shore so they could take pics with it.

TS
    Last edited by TaperSteve; 06-18-2010 at 11:26 AM.

If convicted, Apothaker and Brady each face a maximum sentence ranging from probation to six months in jail.
    They are scheduled to be arraigned on July 16 in the Harbor Justice Center in Newport Beach, according to a statement from the District Attorney's Office.

Apothaker declined to comment Thursday and referred inquires to his lawyer, Christopher J. McCann, of Santa Ana.

“This entire thing has been blown out of proportion,” McCann said. He insisted Apothaker was innocent and actually tried to save the fish.
    “There is a no way anyone could have known that that fish was a giant black sea bass before it was brought to the surface,” McCann said. “And by the time that happened here, Jonathon was no longer in control of it.”

McCann said Apothaker swam out to get the fish in order to disentangle lines, ropes and gaffs that others put into the bass so he could release it. Apothaker could not have rescued the fish in the heavy surf, McCann added, and had to beach it to remove the lines and hooks.

HE PULLED IT UP ON THE BEACH FOR A PHOTO SESSION.

WE SAW THE VIDEO Christopher J. McCann,

“He did not keep or hold the fish on the beach any longer than possible,” McCann said, “and then he worked feverishly to resuscitate the fish in shallow water for a long period of time. Of course that part is not captured on videotape.”

“He did not keep or hold the fish on the beach any longer than possible,”

WHAT A JOKE, WE ALL SAW THE VIDEO !

GUILTY !

Jon Apothaker Christopher J. McCann

DR
    Last edited by DockRat; 06-19-2010 at 07:44 PM. Reason: x

All I GOT TO SAY IS F.T.P. Thats good they got him i seen that crack head there all the time always trying to sale fish...

I'll come to the defense of the defendants.

If the judiciary decides to make an example out of them then so be it. but its kind sad because if you think about it. Commercial fisheries catch hundreds of fish a day, and tons of it is by catch and is sent back in to the ocean regardless if its dead or alive and these guys catch one fish and they serve time in jail. I dont think its right.

http://news.mongabay.com/2005/1201-oceana.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0406125549.htm

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast