Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fish Finder/Transducer Question

Default Fish Finder/Transducer Question

Okay so i just bought a Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 fish finder for my float tube. When I was looking at the device itself it has 3 different plugs...one is for the power source, the transducer and according to the manual the other is for temperature. But when I opened the package there were only 2 cords in the box. one for the power and the other for the transducer. i am not familar with fish finders and i wanted to know if i even need a temperature cord? i was thinking that maybe the temperature reader is already installed in the transducer....if some1 can help solve my problem i would appreciate it.

Thanks-Eric

Quote Originally Posted by a321eric View Post
    Okay so i just bought a Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 fish finder for my float tube. When I was looking at the device itself it has 3 different plugs...one is for the power source, the transducer and according to the manual the other is for temperature. But when I opened the package there were only 2 cords in the box. one for the power and the other for the transducer. i am not familar with fish finders and i wanted to know if i even need a temperature cord? i was thinking that maybe the temperature reader is already installed in the transducer....if some1 can help solve my problem i would appreciate it.

Thanks-Eric
    More than likely the ducer has a temp sensor on it. The other plug should be for different applications (I don't know this for sure just going of the cuff) Good way way to test it would be to use it and I bet you will get a temp reading.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by TheVman View Post
    More than likely the ducer has a temp sensor on it. The other plug should be for different applications (I don't know this for sure just going of the cuff) Good way way to test it would be to use it and I bet you will get a temp reading.

Good Luck!
    i sure hope so! thanks

I have that same FF on my tube. The temp is in the transducer. I'm getting about 48 hrs run time on 8 AA's.You can get the battery holder for a few bucks at Radio shack.The holder uses a 9v connector so its easy to disconnect the pack to change batteries or just change out to a spare pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying View Post
    I have that same FF on my tube. The temp is in the transducer. I'm getting about 48 hrs run time on 8 AA's.You can get the battery holder for a few bucks at Radio shack.The holder uses a 9v connector so its easy to disconnect the pack to change batteries or just change out to a spare pack.
    oh ok sweet. so it is inside the transducer. ya i just ordered a 12V rechargeable interstate battery. ill just put that in like a tupperwear container and put in the cargo pocket on my tube.

thanks alot for the info.