Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Crappie questions

Default Crappie questions

Hey all,

Looking to do some crappie fishing this summer and wanted to get some info on where to go. I read a whole lot on how to fish for crappie and think I am pretty well armed tackle wise. I'm asking for some recommendations on where to maybe rent a boat for some crappie action. I don't have a fish finder so someplace like the buoy line at castaic would be ideal where I wouldn't have to chase um all day.

Thanks for the help.

iRVINE AT NIGHT BUT YOU NEED A FLOATING LIGHT
    Quote Originally Posted by elevated View Post
    Hey all,

Looking to do some crappie fishing this summer and wanted to get some info on where to go. I read a whole lot on how to fish for crappie and think I am pretty well armed tackle wise. I'm asking for some recommendations on where to maybe rent a boat for some crappie action. I don't have a fish finder so someplace like the buoy line at castaic would be ideal where I wouldn't have to chase um all day.

Thanks for the help.

The buoy line a Castaic is mainly a striper spot but fishing there can be pretty crappie at times.

Well as with any other fish, you need to find some structure. Crappie LOVE dead trees, im sure they toss a few x-mas trees here and there.. they like impenetrable cover. Masses of tangled branches are serious crappie magnets.

try to find some downed branches to flip a jig through.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    The buoy line a Castaic is mainly a striper spot but fishing there can be pretty crappie at times.
    haha i hear ya. Sorry I'll clarify. I meant that I want to find a place that is easy to anchor up at and stay on like the buoy line at castaic.