Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Isabella Crappie, Bass and Trout

Default Isabella Crappie, Bass and Trout

Got out yesterday for a couple hours with the family. Hit the water at 10am and headed for the trees in front of the ramp at camp 9to see how the crappie bite was. Found two of my neighbors in their float tubes already at it. They both had done well all morning and were continuing to while I dropped the trolling motor and set up my seat. I metered around for a minute till I got some good marks in 10 feet of water and it was on from there. After a dozen fish my wife has to go to the bathroom so we run around the corner to let her and the kids swim. We headed back to juniper point near where we launched to see if the fish were in the rocks near shore. I found some larger units there easily accesible by shore as my boat was less than 20 feet from shore. I continued to pick at them while the kids swam and wife sunbathed. The swimming didn't seem to affect the fishing as most fish were hugging the bottom in 15-20 feet of water. Left at 1:30 to head back to the lodge. Jig color today was red/white and white.
    The ABA held a bass tournament on Sunday. Top weight was almost 27lbs. I will post the link below.
    http://www.americanbass.com/Rst_10Lake_Isabella3462.htm
    Although I did not get a chance to fish it, the mouth of the river is said to be getting the big trout moving in. Reports from friends in town are good with fish several pounds showing up.
    Last edited by Fishin Magician; 06-16-2010 at 10:00 AM.

sounds like a fun day thanks for the report.

almost time for me to get my crappie on again

thanks going up this weekend tracker16

Thanks for the heads up, I think I'm going to hit the mouth up on Saturday, the flows look to be around what you stated are the best times.