Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Catfish **Pics**

Default Catfish **Pics**

We have been gettin a few lately. All on bluegill.

THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Where you pullin those cats out of?

Thanks for sharing dude....

TD

These fish came out of braidwood lake, a nuclear power plant lake that is a bunch of strip mines that are flooded. The water temp is 89-90 degrees year round. It has bass,bluegill,crappie,walleye,stripers,flatheads,c hannels,blues and a shad population that is insane. The structure is insane. The front of your boat will be in 4 feet of water and the back will be in 40. The current rips through the lake like a river. Fishing ledges with live and dead bluegill is the ticket. I throw them on Power Pro 65 or 80lb braid, locked drag and hold on tight. They hit like yellowtail hit iron. I fought a flathead the other day that handed me my *** !

See what I told you Troutdog!

Dave, that is just awesome! Believe it or not I was just thinking about getting hold of you today to see how the fishing was going. But, now I know!
    The last time we spoke you were heading up to Canadea but after seeing these pics and hearing about Braidwood Lake I think I could find me a home real quick!
    Good hearing from you Dave, Great job and keep the pics and reports coming.

nice!
    -bb

Was just checking it out online, looks like a must stop next time I'm in Chicago(folks are from there)....thanks for the 411, very cool! I like the name, kinda ironic in a way. Alright stupid question here(perhaps), do people eat fish out of there being a nuclear plant and all?

TD

Beautiful Kitties. Cindy

awesome kitty fishing, thanks for sharing and getting me fired up to slay at chunky cat.

Man Dave. I need to break out of Ca for a while and get a hold of some of that Midwest Action. Nice going man long time no hear.

B

Let those babies go! Those are tiny!! Good god man I thought I would see some monster cats coming from the man the myth the legend. Ohh wait he cant even pick up a 78lber..hahhahaha. that thing ripped my hands up! Good job dave