Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Last Friday Gills Skinner

Default Last Friday Gills Skinner

Was able to fish a few hours last friday at Skinner. Started on some schoolie jailbirds on the east end drifting NC. The water level seems to be different everytime i hit skinner, it looked high last week. Wind picked around 1pm drifted along the north shore area messing around with a hardbait and some big gills came out to play. Thought it was lmb at first, these gills were so pissed off and the fight was awesome- CPR'ed the plump gills. Last June my son and I had some rapalas on our DR trolling for stripey, and we it some of these same size gills on the troll!

After a few more passes with the rapalas, I drifted some NC but no joy. Cant wait to hit those gills again.

those skinner bluegills must be agressive going after a rapala, must have been fun, nice job!

NICE !!! Thanks for posting up

Nice! Skinner does have some giant 'Gills. Those big Bluegill feed on small fish, especially shad. At Perris we have seen them spit up baby shad and bass.

Nice... Looks huge....