Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: New closure are at the Lower Lake?

Default New closure are at the Lower Lake?

Got stopped by the Lady Life guard Saturday late afternoon and was told I was fishing in a closed area, sorry about the graphics but the (lighter blue being the swim area) and (darker blue new area now) in between the south and north beach areas adjacent to the swim beaches are said to be off limits now to boats and float tubes. I asked her when they came up with this and she told me that it's always been that way... I told her No, don't think so, that I've been fishing here for 20 years and this area has always been open, for boats and tubes. she said that between the south beach buoy thats sits about 25 yards away from the rope line of the swim are to the buoy in the middle by the north beach area and than draw a line to the small buoy thats out in front of the old Csun launch ramp and dock, that whole area is off limits....
    I told her that there has been no info to this closure on the Castaic lake website or anywhere else, she said the life guards were in the process of staging buoys to close it off.
    Well this will suck because it will close of all of the shallow grass area.
    So I call Lori Bennett of the Parks Dept. and she said that it's news to her? she said that they are thinking off some areas to close off due to fishermen both in boats and tubes casting over the rope and into the swim area even after being asked not to, that is so far as what she has heard as the complaint.
    So guys due to a couple of dummies that can't follow simple rules it will possible ruin it for all of us, I hope to hear back from her this week to here what will be come of that area, hope it goes well for us...
    Last edited by SDDave; 06-14-2010 at 05:32 PM.

No way, not all the way over to the old CSUN dock. It is from the South Beach all the way to the big buoy on the North beach. You have to stay all the way outside the big buoys and not the buoy lines. And yes, we have to stay out of the area between the swim beaches, which sucks because that is a pretty good spot! I could understand if it was on days that the swim beaches are open, but not on the days they are closed. Tubers can still launch there though, I think. The dumbasses are still swimming all over the lake anyways. At the ramp, in Hobie, at the beaches on days the swimming isn't allowed, etc. They better not close off more areas to fishing or I am going to be pissed. I hate going on weekends now because there are soo many dumbasses everywhere; on shore, swimming, even boating now. The lady lifeguard likes to hassle fishermen a lot too. I can rant even more, but I'm not going to, for now.