Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fun with the Lifeguards at Castaic 6/14/2010

Lifeguards-- useless narcissistic punks. At least it wasnt ocean lifeguards you had to deal with!

I remember one insisting that I fish on the jetty during an incoming high tide! That bastard could have got me killed!

Last year, when I got a severe thumb wound from a big red rock crab, the lifeguards made fun of me when i yelled and hit the ground, gushing blood everywhere.. >=( >=( Waste of money indeed!! Why didnt these jerkoffs call 911!? Nobody wanted to freaking help me, so I had to practice some field first aid i learned from the conservation corps.. Walking to hoag from there would have just damaged me more.. Buttholes!! (newport beach)

I dont get to fish castaic often, so I dont have any bad experiences, other than some racism towards me, but thats what you get when you shore fish there <=(

i've had my fair share of bad experiences with castaic lifeguards as well.

for those of you who havnt met me on the water, my buddy who is 18 yrs old owns a 2008 Nitro Z-7, we tow it to castaic with a fairly new ford ranger and overall all of our gear is of mid range quality, recently as i was driving the truck down the launch ramp, i flipped the ruck around to launch the boat and was stopped by the main launch ramp life guard in the yellow truck.

he insisted we present him with all documents such as registration and insurance for the boat, trailer, and pickup truck(which we had). following this, he did not permit us to launch our boat because our registration sticker was peeling off on the boat, we stuck it back on and he still insisted we could not launch.

We went down to the lagoon, spoke with the sheriff, told us all of our paperwork was in line and that the registration looked fine.

I guess because we are young (19,18, and 20) we must be too young to be able to own a bass boat, and we must have stolen it...

Quote Originally Posted by xjdesertfox View Post
    i've had my fair share of bad experiences with castaic lifeguards as well.

for those of you who havnt met me on the water, my buddy who is 18 yrs old owns a 2008 Nitro Z-7, we tow it to castaic with a fairly new ford ranger and overall all of our gear is of mid range quality, recently as i was driving the truck down the launch ramp, i flipped the ruck around to launch the boat and was stopped by the main launch ramp life guard in the yellow truck.

he insisted we present him with all documents such as registration and insurance for the boat, trailer, and pickup truck(which we had). following this, he did not permit us to launch our boat because our registration sticker was peeling off on the boat, we stuck it back on and he still insisted we could not launch.

We went down to the lagoon, spoke with the sheriff, told us all of our paperwork was in line and that the registration looked fine.

I guess because we are young (19,18, and 20) we must be too young to be able to own a bass boat, and we must have stolen it...
    there is no requirement for insurance for boaters.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234