Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fun with the Lifeguards at Castaic 6/14/2010

cutbait Guest

I love the fact you told her that it was her opinion and your not interested in hearing it.

Nothing more should of been said, you should of turned your back to her and motored off.

That would of been classic!

As for Kaneo, I am a little hesitant to hate on the guy, suppose he traveled a long way just to fish Castaic or his one day off? Who knows? Can't hate on the guy that much. It's not like he left you high and dry at closing time. He made an attempt to get you help atleast. That tow back to the docks you asked for would of taken an hour.

I've towed many a guys back to the ramp and HATED EVERY second of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Sleep Fish View Post
    Ahhhh, good ol' Castaic lifeguards....or as I call them...Asstaic lifeguards. Theyre always giving fishermen hard times. Even though we consistently throughout the year keep their paychecks coming. Couple of the older ones are cool but the young ones, the kids, are Aholes to the max. They're just young kids with a yellow boat underneath them so they think they're cool. Too much power trip by those kids. It's like, calm the freak down, you're just a damn lifeguard, and not even a good one at that, I've never actually see them guarding anyones life. Just giving fishermen hard times,,,eff em. Keep on fishing! Slay Slay Slay!!
    I'm not sure that I would go that far. I think they're really trying to help. I think she's entitled to her opinion but it's just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneo View Post
    i can understand how you feel, but generally their pretty good at keeping the idiots under control... i know the girl that your speaking of, and pretty much know all the guards... and they all are pretty cool, compaired to the guards at puddingstone.... in fact i have seen them on MANY occasions issue violations to boaters... today i broke down back in dry gulch, and asked a fellow bass angler if he could give me a tow, and he said he would call the guards for me... thanks bud, karma's a b*tch.. so i trolled to old s.s. cove and ran into john the senior lifeguard, they towed me back, on the way in, we saw some skiers going the wrong direction, and they got on the radio and had the other lifeguard boat go issue a warning....when we got to the dock john drove me to my truck to get my trailer, and helped me load it on i feel your pain, but i have had nothing but GOOD experiences with the castaic guards... the lake sheriff's well their another story...
    I'm glad that you've had good experiences with the lifeguards, so have I at times.

As far as the tow goes, I feel for you man! But I think sending help is good enough. You can't be sure that he had enough fuel to tow you in. If he did have fuel to tow you in why does he have to spend it on you?

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    i would have asked them to have the lake patrol come over. the lifegaurds are a waste of taxpayers money. Usually a great job for the lifegaurd, because they just lounge in the sun all day and work on there tan.
    I don't think it matters who's there. What matters is their predisposition and their mood.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    I love the fact you told her that it was her opinion and your not interested in hearing it.

Nothing more should of been said, you should of turned your back to her and motored off.

That would of been classic!

As for Kaneo, I am a little hesitant to hate on the guy, suppose he traveled a long way just to fish Castaic or his one day off? Who knows? Can't hate on the guy that much. It's not like he left you high and dry at closing time. He made an attempt to get you help atleast. That tow back to the docks you asked for would of taken an hour.

I've towed many a guys back to the ramp and HATED EVERY second of it!
    By the time we got to the end it was obvious she wasn't going to do anything but lecture me.

Actually she's right! if I were more timid, people intentionally causing trouble would be able to walk over me with less trouble.

Some advise you can take it for what it's worth, STAY OFF THE UPPER LAKE ON THE WEEKENDS...
    Or get there early and leave early or fish the lower whats left of it...
    The life guards are what they are, if they were to pull you in if your motor broke down or sit there and hold on to your boat while the waves from a nnw wind blew and where trying to pound your boat onto the dock while you got your truck and trailer, or give them crap if they tell you your not going in the wrong correct direction or this one that doesn't get enforced at all but will be soon is trolling anywhere in the ski areas and we know thats pretty much now the whole lake.. then there dicks...
    Problem with the enforcement at the lake theres no consistency... they choose to enforce or not enforce the rules...and just sit there working on there tans...

I am quickly realizing that the boating etiquette on fresh water is quite different than salt..

Quote Originally Posted by SDDave View Post
    Some advise you can take it for what it's worth, STAY OFF THE UPPER LAKE ON THE WEEKENDS...
    Or get there early and leave early or fish the lower whats left of it...
    The life guards are what they are, if they were to pull you in if your motor broke down or sit there and hold on to your boat while the waves from a nnw wind blew and where trying to pound your boat onto the dock while you got your truck and trailer, or give them crap if they tell you your not going in the wrong correct direction or this one that doesn't get enforced at all but will be soon is trolling anywhere in the ski areas and we know thats pretty much now the whole lake.. then there dicks...
    Problem with the enforcement at the lake theres no consistency... they choose to enforce or not enforce the rules...and just sit there working on there tans...
    Is there a movement afoot behind the scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by dixoncider View Post
    I am quickly realizing that the boating etiquette on fresh water is quite different than salt..
    People will do what they're able to get away with.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    i would have asked them to have the lake patrol come over. The lifegaurds are a waste of taxpayers money. Usually a great job for the lifegaurd, because they just lounge in the sun all day and work on there tan.
    100 % true. Period.

So if I understand how you were anchored, one was in deep water, and the other was essentially "on the shore"? So your rope was floating on the surface? How far were you from that anchor line that was moored on shore? Sounds like enough for them to slip through and cut your line. I understand your frustration with the lifeguards but I am not understanding why you would anchor up like that in the first place.

Great way to anchor I do it all the time. There really isn't and speeding allowed in that area specially enough to cut your anchor rope between the shore and boat. The speed boaters should stay at least 150 feet away from the shore and fisherman. in the past I have had good encounters with the life guards two or three times helping to hold the boat at the docks on those strong windy afternoons that can come up quik. Only one bad encounter with the sheriff when we rolled (floated) in like 40 minutes late when there was a good afternoon topwater bite, and was told that the next time it would be like some 380.00 or 480.00 fine the next time.

im still wondering about this anchoring situation. this is blowing my mind. either you have a ridiculously long anchor rope or this was the most dangerous maneuver ever performed on a boat. either you were waaaay to far from the shore which makes no sense because how did the rope go from the point to your boat and still remain effective? orrrr this guy cut between an average distance of you from the point. i guess the lesson we all learned today was shorten the distance on our janky anchoring systems and keep our eyes out for yahoos

Most of the life guards are retards ,only a couple are actually decent ,they like to treat the fishing people like second class people as comparison the water sport idiots who dont know how to behave them selves they launch there boats and turn istantly into idiots , ive watched them at that lake since it opened,,,,,,,,,,,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast