Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: nph 7-16-7-17 overnighter

Default nph 7-16-7-17 overnighter

Well hit newport harbor up with couple of buddies on our tubes. Fished from 11pm till 7am. Started out near the ferry crossing and worked our way south toward the coast guard dock. Bite wasnt as good as normal but the quality of fish seemed to be alot better than normal. most fish averaged 1-3lbs with the occasional fish less than a lb. Did happen to accidentally snag a batray that was about 40-50lbs. somehow i snagged him in the wing and it took me 2 and 1/2 hours to reel him in. He was pulling me all over the bay on my 6lb test line. Got him up and he was too big to get close enough to pull out the hook so i tryed to drag him to a beach where i could get the hook out easier. When i got him close to the beach about 20ft from shore in this rocky area thats about 5 feet deep he took one last dive into the rocks and snapped me off!

total for the night was:
    me-6 bass, 1 wsb
    friend-9bass
    other friend-8bass

Bait: saltwater gulp and swimbaits.
    Will post pics when i get them from my friend.

eager to see the pix