Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Just starting out

Default Just starting out

Hi I have been fishing for years but Im just now starting to get into the hole bass finhing scene this year never tried to bass fish just shore fish a lake Hemet for what ever took the bait and at the local Lake out her in the Desert City's at Lake Cahuilla in La Quinta for stocked Trout during the winter times. So dose any one have any advice on how to get started and some simple rigs to start out with. Im dieing to try out DVL this summer for its one of the closest Bass lakes near me. Any help would do for a newbie like me.

When you say "rigs", are you inquiring about gear to use or techniques for bass fishing?

both is importent to meany help is welcome.

nice report...

Hit up Last Chance Bait and Tackle in Hemet. The have all the answers you need. Start with 6-8lb test line on a 61/2 to 7 foot mediun to medium heay rod and tie on a Senko drop-shot rig. Done. The guys at the store will show you how to rig it up. Of course it could take years to learn to be good at Bassing, but this one setup will get you started.

Yeah man as mentioned already, drop shotting is a great way to catch bass. Pretty easy to rig and simple to use. Just twitch it every now and then during your retrieve. Catches you fish in every lake.

BTW....drop shotting works well for trout too