Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: alondra park..

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    I'm sure you are just having fun...I'm sensitive on the CPR as I've seen some crazy stuff at Alondra this year...Last month I saw a guy catch a bass about the size of yours and he took the bass off the hook and dropkicked it back into the lake..I've seen some others catch trout and throw them back into the lake and just yesterday I saw a guy drop his 4 lb bass on the sidewalk and watched it flop there before it was Catch & Released.

I'm just saying, be very careful because of the bass's slimecoat and be aware its easy for them to flop and get a cut which cut be very bad.

- b
    mah bad, on a serious note i figured that bass was a goner look how the hook is lodged in his back. the spook is a dangerous lureon fish but effective, i put him down to remove both trebbles back and lip..i did lay him down and he gunned it for the deep..
    i get what your sayin and if you can believe this is'nt the first time i heard it so i will keep it off the ground.

goin there tomrorrow for another run, you gonna hit the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG*GAME*HUNTER View Post
    mah bad, on a serious note i figured that bass was a goner look how the hook is lodged in his back. the spook is a dangerous lureon fish but effective, i put him down to remove both trebbles back and lip..i did lay him down and he gunned it for the deep..
    i get what your sayin and if you can believe this is'nt the first time i heard it so i will keep it off the ground.

goin there tomrorrow for another run, you gonna hit the lake?
    That's a bummer...I think I've had a few have issues from the spook years ago. From what I understand, the bass's mouth is tough and doesn't have issues with multiple trebles in their mouths but a hook in the back....I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed.

I might head out to Alondra Friday morning...A little birdie told me the bass will be more active on Friday...lol
    I wish I could tomorrow, but my 5 yr old son's last day of pre-school and has a field trip to Hermosa Pier and I can't miss that one.

-b

Yo BGH me and my homie are gonna hit up ElDo tomorrow morning. You should come through.

what time on friday are you going bman?

hey bman what's wrong with fishing in no fishing zones if he catches and releases? that bothers you? i mean no offense i just can't see how that can bother someone so i'm curious. they usually do that for safety reasons and some people are just risky by nature and dont mind a few dinks and scratches. but it does piss me off when i hear about arseholes taking 30 fish. grrr throw a fish at them.

Quote Originally Posted by whosfishingwho View Post
    hey bman what's wrong with fishing in no fishing zones if he catches and releases? that bothers you? i mean no offense i just can't see how that can bother someone so i'm curious. they usually do that for safety reasons and some people are just risky by nature and dont mind a few dinks and scratches. but it does piss me off when i hear about arseholes taking 30 fish. grrr throw a fish at them.

I understand and respect what you are saying and I really don't have a big problem with someone fishing Catch and Release in the no fishing zones, but its still a no fishing zone and the Warden & Sheriffs will enforce that violation. I don't think CPR fisherman should have special rules just because they are CPR fisherman. I've also seen many bass fisherman flylining trout & bluegil and other live fish while fishing in the no fishing zones too.

Plus some of the no fishing zones at Alondra are the better areas where the bass and other fish have had their beds and are areas for the smaller fish to hang out in the heavier cover. So fishing in the no fishing zone is clearly not legal and it adds extra pressure to those areas.

Lastly, at Alondra there are lots of arseholes (Non catch and release) taking in excess of 30 fish...I've seen guys catch over 100 fish a day when they stock trout and catfish. Just the other day I saw several of the local catfish guys fishing with 3 or more poles. Those are clearly the people we need to worry about, but it's also up to all of us to respect all of the rules.

-brian
    Last edited by bman90278; 06-10-2010 at 06:03 AM.

i think the "no fishing" area is when they stock and for saftey of passer byers. it's real tight in that area, so if there were anglers there they might hook a kid or something...btw: it clearly states on the ground "no overhand casting area, i wonder is that marshall law too...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG*GAME*HUNTER View Post
    i think the "no fishing" area is when they stock and for saftey of passer byers. it's real tight in that area, so if there were anglers there they might hook a kid or something...btw: it clearly states on the ground "no overhand casting area, i wonder is that marshall law too...
    I'm sure that is correct...The west side no fishing zone is very tight and I'm sure it would be dangerous if you had non-experienced fisherman fishing that area. I think Alondra recently added the no overhand casting areas too? I don't think I had noticed those til recently.

One thing I haven't mentioned is how bad it is when the people feed the birds in the lake. That is so unhealthy for the birds and it causes lots of problems in the water. Unfortunately the no fishing zones give the bird feeders a safe haven for feeding the birds. Maybe if they made the whole lake legal for fishing it would make it tougher for the people to feed the birds.

Nice catches BGH. You gotta love the drama that goes with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12