Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: alondra park..

Default alondra park..

after helping my wife in compton with another load of boxes for the storage.( she's an eng teacher) to put away for the summer, i told her i was gonna fish the park for a few hours and that she could take my son home with her to ride the carpool lane..(compton to the I*E at 3:30pm..goodluck) so reached this park pond at bout 4:30 stopped by food4less for some corn tortillas for some carps on a 2nd rod..
    it was a nice day 2nd rods up and functional, tied on a plastic rd/blk crawdad with bullet weight and did my regular 45/10 cast, as soon as i cast i here a bird comotion near my bag of torrtillas. they're tryin to jack me, even the birds are fowl at this park..bada*buam...anyways, i posted my bass rod up on the bench and ran to shoooo the birds away when i hear someone say "hey is thay your pole?" i look at the carp rod for any movement, none..then the guy says "not that one,the one on the bench.!"
    oh shi7 if it wasn't for the rod being 7ft okuma it would have dived in..i pulled it in right away since i think the rod tired him out and he did'nt put up a big fight..after that the bite died out.
    i fished till about 9:00pm and decided i wasn't gonna catch isht, so as i was walkin back to the truck i notice fry running on the top and said what the hell. tossed in the sppok for a final lap around the pond and this little guy slams it...i took a pic of him where i near the no fishing sign to show how small he was, but a good little fighter..friday might do another session over there since it's my wifes last day till after summer..back to fairmont..

Last edited by BIG*GAME*HUNTER; 06-09-2010 at 01:39 PM.

good stuff man

nice BGH. Those dinkers are pretty close to shore and they grub on them fry like crazy. Looks like the pumps are still off.

That is not cool laying the bass on the sidewalk. That can't be too good for his slimecoat . I hope you do stay out of the no fishing zones.
    btw I have talked to the Sheriffs (LA Park Sheriff too) at the park recently and have been asked about violators and I know other fisherman have been too. Be careful cause the sheriffs are there all the time.
    Last edited by bman90278; 06-09-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Default More

One more note: nothing personal against you. I'm just giving you a heads up plus I know of several other fisherman who have been reporting violators.

yawn........how do you know if i caught it there, for all you know that was the only land mark i could find that people could recognize the park and size of the small bass...stop crying on my thread hommie..

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    That is not cool laying the bass on the sidewalk. That can't be too good for his slimecoat . I hope you do stay out of the no fishing zones.
    btw, I've been in contact with the warden and I've been informing the la sheriff's (park sheriff) about the violators. Be careful cause the sheriffs are there all the time
    i'm a ninja by nature. like i said, were you there when i caught it? about laying it on the ground, thats nothing compared to when i kicked it around ran it through some mud and talked shi77 to it before i gently placed it back in the water for another day of catching..

Quote Originally Posted by BIG*GAME*HUNTER View Post
    yawn........how do you know if i caught it there, for all you know that was the only land mark i could find that people could recognize the park and size of the small bass...stop crying on my thread hommie..
    I edited my thread as you were probably typing your reply... I did re-read it where you stated you didn't catch it in the no fish zone....I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there, but its not cool laying any CPR fish on the sidewalk. Again, nothing personal....I think you do a good job on your stories and you certainly catch your share of fish...I just don't think you need any ground photos of your CPR bass.

-b

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    One more note: nothing personal against you. I'm just giving you a heads up plus I know of several other fisherman who have been reporting violators.
    please do so, i hate violators..cops seem to get along with me for some reason..they see a big scary lookin samoan they think oh shi77 let's call back up but when talk a bit with them there ready to name there first born after me..call it a gift of gab, online anglers is another thing..

Quote Originally Posted by BIG*GAME*HUNTER View Post
    i'm a ninja by nature. like i said, were you there when i caught it? about laying it on the ground, thats nothing compared to when i kicked it around ran it through some mud and talked shi77 to it before i gently placed it back in the water for another day of catching..
    I'm sure you are just having fun...I'm sensitive on the CPR as I've seen some crazy stuff at Alondra this year...Last month I saw a guy catch a bass about the size of yours and he took the bass off the hook and dropkicked it back into the lake..I've seen some others catch trout and throw them back into the lake and just yesterday I saw a guy drop his 4 lb bass on the sidewalk and watched it flop there before it was Catch & Released.

I'm just saying, be very careful because of the bass's slimecoat and be aware its easy for them to flop and get a cut which cut be very bad.

- b

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast