Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fisgin Lower Kern river

Default Fisgin Lower Kern river

Goin out for three days on the lower kern anyone got any tips?advice?

advice...really....dont go! man, me and a buddy waited nearly 3 weeks to get up there. went last weekend, and man o man, that river was RAGING!!!! 8000!!!! rafting crew said a guy died a couple days before we got up there.we tried the upper kern, but aren't that stupid.then the mouth, and nothing but tree wreckage and crappy banks! then the lake, south of the marina, nice point/cove! saw about 5 fish jumping 40 feet from us within first ten minutes. fished it for about 4 hours and only 3 bites! nibbles! tried EVERYTHING in my tackle! not one single fish all weekend! kinda new to the area fishing wise, but the lower kern MIGHT be a better option. then again, if we fished the mouth then im sure we fished the lower, right? we cmaped at Thunderbird, and fished near Hospital Flats or Chamise, i forget. I highly doubt that river has calmed down or cleared up any by when you go. I'm waiting until early july for next trip! But I WILL be up there again!! footnote: OVERNIGHT a campsite we considered camping on, about 40 feet from river...by next morning it was about 2-3 ft under water!! fyi