Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosnter Fish!

Default Mosnter Fish!

...well for me at least.

Biggest blue gill I have ever caught.

I haven't posted in awhile, but I had to post this catch.
    So I was throwing a 6in finesse worm on a flick shake head near some docks. I felt her pick up the worm, and I set the hook. When she started fighting I thought it was like a 3-4 lb bass...I was like "Nice!". When I first saw the fish I was like "WTF is that?? It's not a bass!!" It was so big, the thought of it being blue gill was the furthest thing from my mind. As I get her near the boat, there are two HUGE bass following her to the boat. They must have been 8-10 lbs.
    I took the pictures and released the blue gill...I looked down and saw one one those two bass was still following me around!! I threw a texas rig off its head, butt, nose, tail, and it didn't even care! Usuallly this will spook fish and they dart away, but not this guy....he was so calm. He followed me for about 30 minutes until I had to leave. Upon returning to the dock couple of the employees said the bass following the boat around isn't that uncommon, and they've heard it happen before...hmmm...
    I think the blue gill was about 1.25 lbs....what's your estimation?

I did catch 4 bass, but they were overshadowed by the blue gill...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0028.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	23185   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlueGill1.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	23186  
    Last edited by BassEngineer; 06-09-2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to add pics

Where was this?

nice fatty

nice fish man

Nice Fish!

almost looks like a sacremento perch! funny colors on that one anyway when your fishing right you catch good one

Quote Originally Posted by BassEngineer View Post
    ...well for me at least.

Biggest blue gill I have ever caught.

I haven't posted in awhile, but I had to post this catch.
    So I was throwing a 6in finesse worm on a flick shake head near some docks. I felt her pick up the worm, and I set the hook. When she started fighting I thought it was like a 3-4 lb bass...I was like "Nice!". When I first saw the fish I was like "WTF is that?? It's not a bass!!" It was so big, the thought of it being blue gill was the furthest thing from my mind. As I get her near the boat, there are two HUGE bass following her to the boat. They must have been 8-10 lbs.
    I took the pictures and released the blue gill...I looked down and saw one one those two bass was still following me around!! I threw a texas rig off its head, butt, nose, tail, and it didn't even care! Usuallly this will spook fish and they dart away, but not this guy....he was so calm. He followed me for about 30 minutes until I had to leave. Upon returning to the dock couple of the employees said the bass following the boat around isn't that uncommon, and they've heard it happen before...hmmm...
    I think the blue gill was about 1.25 lbs....what's your estimation?

I did catch 4 bass, but they were overshadowed by the blue gill...

Nice pig you caught. But it's not a Bluegill, It's a Redear Sunfish. They can get pretty big.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	08.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	23187  

Very nice size and I like your measuring instrument. A pack of short cigs is about three and a half inches long.

congrats on the toad sunfish....and the bass too.,.,.,lol

Very nice! Looks like a well fed Redear with great markings. Why do a lot of fishermen never have a measuring tape when you need one? O K Let's see, a foot long chunky sunfish...That fish will go 2 lbs, maybe more. Good Karma on that trophy fish release bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast