Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: hooky at Vail

Default hooky at Vail

Yes, I admit it, I was caught playing hooky at vail on monday. Only could get away for a half day due to afternoon obligations though. I fished from about 7 to noon, and had a good steady bite going, ending up with 25 – 30 bass and 6 or 7 good size bluegill. Art and Ross were the two that busted me (blew my cover) and asked for a doctors note, and wouldn’t buy my fake cough. I tried to convince them that the fresh air was good for my congestion or sinuses but they weren’t buying that either.

It was fun fishing for a few hrs with Art and Ross; they are both great people and legit when it comes to fishing. They hung a lot of fish that's for sure! I had to laugh this one time when they were throwing up to and along the dam, Art launched a swim bait over the top of the dam! (yes, OVER the damn dam!!!) Home boy has got an arm; it must be from all those years of throwing batting practice to his sons. SHAMELESS PLUG COMING Every one out there, If you have the bones to hire a guide, call Art Hill and fish Vail: the bite is picking up with the warmer weather and he is an excellent teacher, you wont regret it!

Any way, Caught 5 fish over 4lbs but had a horrible time with the camera, hope you get the idea from sub-par (at best) pictures.

a bunch of this model

and a few of these

Art and Ross

Peace,
    Joe

Way to go Joe, awesome 1/2 day on the water!!!

Ross & Art cant catch fish!!! LMAO !!!